Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
ive been playing the game perfectly, im in love with it. 
I just got to the plant section and when I get to the top my framerate drops by half and all audio is slowed. 
I go inside again and its back to normal. 
im guessing cause the area is so big and its all loaded at once, but I could be wrong.

my specs are
proscessor: intel i7-8750 2.2GHz
ram:16
gpu: nividia gtx 1050 ti

ive read something about having to many threads on my cpu (no idea what that means, im new to this pc master race life)
ive also read some of the forums here about its a cpu heavy game
odd thing is Ive played mgs3 wonderfully on this. so im puzzled.
if you need anymore specs let me know.
any help would be much appreciated.  hope everyone is fairing well with the virus running amuck

Sponsored links

What PCSX2 version are you using?
Strange, which speed hacks are you using?

I've played MGS2 on my laptop at 3x resolution with no issues, same on my previous PC build which had a 3rd gen i5.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(03-18-2020, 08:40 AM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: Strange, which speed hacks are you using?

I've played MGS2 on my laptop at 3x resolution with no issues, same on my previous PC build which had a 3rd gen i5.
I have no clue what hacks I’m useing. I didn’t mess with any of that. I followed some changes people did on YouTube but reverted cause it always made the FPS worse. 
and to the other guy what are those downloads? I’ve gotten the latest one they have on the site? Are those pre built settings by people  This is the first game I have ever emulated it’s all very new to me.

Oh ***** wait I Only have 1.4.0 I didn’t see any further one on the actual site. Which do you recommend for my problem?
latest dev build
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Couple questions about that then. Do I get to keep my saves? And also should I uninstall the one I have first?
uninstall->yes, should be better to avoid confusion
saves->copy over your "memcards" folder to the new installation
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-18-2020, 04:32 PM)jesalvein Wrote: uninstall->yes, should be better to avoid confusion
saves->copy over your "memcards" folder to the new installation
nice! doing it now then. thank you all ill update with results. 

I went to bed just itching to continue.
holy ***** yall it worked thank you again!!!!