Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance PAL
Hi to all!
Thanx for developping the best ps2 emulator ever!
I'm desperatly trying to play MGS2 Substance on my pc, since i've read time ago in the old forum that some people have been able to load this game!

These are my spec:

MB: Asus IPIBL-LB (Benicia)|Chipset:Intel Bearlake G33|CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5Ghz|RAM: 4Gb 800Mhz|Graphic Card: Nvidia 9600GS 768MB OS: Vista Basic (classic theme to have more speed)

I tried both using Pcsx 0.95 rev 708 and the last Playground emulator since the merge of both projects. I use this configuration:

KOSMOS Project 0.71
Bios Europe v02 (2004)
Sound (Playground plugin or NullPlugin or Peops plugin)
Lilypad 0.99
I tried using iso of the game and also loading with Peops plugins form Drive

I tried different settings about speed hacks, trying also to disable MGS on cpu, tried also different hacks. This game won't boot.

Other games like MGS3 Subsistence and MGS2 Sons of liberty runs fine, but I would like to load this game to hack some codes with patch finder.

Thanx a lot for any suggestion!

Sponsored links

Man MGS2 whas on PC mb try to play PC version Smile
The PC version sucks. It is not a good port.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Maybe using gsdx instead of ZeroGs could help.
If not, try using 0.9.4. If I remember well, the game boots with this version (however, you won't have speedhacks to help you)

@Gentleman : Why ? Even if it required quite a good pc, the port was quite good. I completed it several times without any problem.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Big deal, I finished it on PC too.

Play it on PS2, and then Play it on PC right after and you'll see the difference...
There isn't HDR effects or whatsoever on PC version. The game looks much better on PS2.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

ah, maybe. I don't have it in PS2 version
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I play MGS2 on PS2 first and then on pc. For me no difference...
Hi!
Thanx to all. I tried using gdx plugin and also donwloaded pcsx2 0.94 and even the new playground beta yesterday (snapshot beta) but this game didn't start.Sad If someone know how to do it please help me!

Thanx
Maybe it's just a DVD Plugin problem that doesn't allow this game to starts? Or is it because it's a double layer game?