Metal Gear Solid 2 - Substance SLES 82009 is it working with 0.9.8 ?
Metal Gear Solid 2 - Substance SLES 82009
can i play it with 0.9.8 ?

my specs

AMD Radeon 6870
AMD Phenom X4 3,2ghz
4 GB DDR3 Ram

Unsure

Sponsored links

The NTSC version of the game works, but the PAL version hasn't been tested since the really old version 0.9.4 and is listed as "nothing"!

It should work; and if it does, post here to confirm it does. Might be a little CPU heavy though.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
You are probably going to need Speedhacks, and you still should not expect it to always have great speed. If you are capable of OCing, it would help.

This is also assuming compatibility with the latest version. I see that game/version info is a bit out-dated on the compatibility list at this point...
wait wait wait...... Blink

my 4 core /3,2ghz CPU is to low for this ooooold game Mellow
You're still new around here. Wink

PCSX2 will not be taking full advantage of a quad core. It's really just 2 cores that count so much, as well as the clockrate (and how effective it is).
Your AMD processor is rather old these days, and it's architecture is not that potent at 3.2Ghz.
It's not a matter of how old the PS2 is, it's still a #@$&% to emulate.
Ironically, I've found many older PS2 games to be harder to emulate than their newer counter-parts.
Truth is, there are games your CPU is even further from handling well.
you think a new amd version with 4 cores and 3,2 ghz is better than mine ?

only because of an different architecture ?
Well, if AMD actually had a truely "new" architecture out yet. Those new APUs aren't anything special on the CPU side.

AMD Bulldozer, the upcoming new AMD arch, will finally bring AMD past their old Phenom II arch.
(07-30-2011, 12:52 AM)Rezard Wrote: Well, if AMD actually had a truely "new" architecture out yet. Those new APUs aren't anything special on the CPU side.

AMD Bulldozer, the upcoming new AMD arch, will finally bring AMD past their old Phenom II arch.

i want buy a new pc in the beginning of 2012

i will buy a cpu that not cost over 150€ in this time then.
(07-30-2011, 01:16 AM)Serasul Wrote: i want buy a new pc in the beginning of 2012

i will buy a cpu that not cost over 150€ in this time then.

pick intel >_>
You could wait to see how Bulldozer really does with PCSX2 (I hear some intresting things), but it is most likely that they will still fall short of what Intel offers. Even if AMD managed to match or exceed Intel for a moment, you know Intel's clock will always move faster. Wink