Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 + Pressure sensitive controls
So I recently got my PS3 controller hooked up to the computer in hopes of getting this to work for MGS2 and 3.

I installed SCPToolkit and followed the instructions there, and everything went fine.

After that I enabled 'Dualshock 3 native mode' in LilyPad's options and set up all the buttons. (Left sensitivity on default for each button).

This all seemed to work fine, but upon trying it in the MGS games... I noticed it still wasn't detecting any kind of pressure differences at all. I also placed XInput1_3.dll in the pcsx2 root directory where the .exe is. (Recommended by turtleli, who said you only need to place it in there and then you can use any LilyPad by default, as it comes with native support for DS3 now). Now, I'm not sure if I need the x64 version of the XInput1_3, or the x64 version.. for now I tried with the x86 version, because PCSX2 is an x86 application after all.

But yeah, anyone got experience with this at all?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

Does DS3 have pressure sensitive buttons though?
I know DS2 does.
(08-12-2017, 03:42 PM)CEE Wrote: Does DS3 have pressure sensitive buttons though?
I know DS2 does.

I would assume so.. MGS 4 made use of them on the PS3.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
Try the LilyPad-Scp-r5875.dll plugin.
(08-12-2017, 05:22 PM)Maynard Wrote: Try the LilyPad-Scp-r5875.dll plugin.

Tried that one already. And it shouldn't be necessary anymore in the first place to use that, as the new LilyPad plugins already come with native support for DS3.

[Edit]

Update on this. I managed to get it to work using the SCP plugin after all. But I had to do some extra stuff to get it to work right. I had to reassign every button again, and this time it did pick it up as a DS controller.

Regardless of that - I still find it to be WAY too sensitive. I still can't hold up guards, and SNake just slits their throats. SOmetimes he'll still fire a weapon as well instead of lowering it. I guess I have to fiddle with the sensitivity options a bit to reduce this.

[Edit 2]
Nope... it's remaining hyper sensitive even with sensitivity lowered. God this game is annoying to play. -_-

For some reason when I press 'Circle' hard while configuring the button, it also creates another entry. I can enter 2 entries for each button somehow.

[Image: 9MkBCKO.png]

[Edit 3]
Now all signs of pressure sensitivity is gone completely. Zzz.

[Edit 4]
Did a clean install of everything.

This time I disabled DInput and XInput in LilyPad, which only left Dual Shock as the desired input. Somehow it works now. I reduced the sensitivity on the circle button to 0.600 to avoid slitting throats still, and now it works great.
Weird though, I use a DS3 as well and I'm not having any pressure sensitivity issues when playing MGS3
I never had to do all what you did.
(08-12-2017, 06:01 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Tried that one already. And it shouldn't be necessary anymore in the first place to use that, as the new LilyPad plugins already come with native support for DS3.

[Edit]

Update on this. I managed to get it to work using the SCP plugin after all. But I had to do some extra stuff to get it to work right. I had to reassign every button again, and this time it did pick it up as a DS controller.

Regardless of that - I still find it to be WAY too sensitive. I still can't hold up guards, and SNake just slits their throats. SOmetimes he'll still fire a weapon as well instead of lowering it. I guess I have to fiddle with the sensitivity options a bit to reduce this.

[Edit 2]
Nope... it's remaining hyper sensitive even with sensitivity lowered. God this game is annoying to play. -_-

For some reason when I press 'Circle' hard while configuring the button, it also creates another entry. I can enter 2 entries for each button somehow.

[Image: 9MkBCKO.png]

[Edit 3]
Now all signs of pressure sensitivity is gone completely. Zzz.

[Edit 4]
Did a clean install of everything.

This time I disabled DInput and XInput in LilyPad, which only left Dual Shock as the desired input. Somehow it works now. I reduced the sensitivity on the circle button to 0.600 to avoid slitting throats still, and now it works great.
I had this issue also with Ace Combat games and MGS3:S. On the first LilyPad config screen, untick "DirectInput" and "XInput" so that only "Dualshock3 Native Mode" and "Monitor when in background" are checked then go to the next tab and clear all your bindings and re-set them all. Make sure that ALL of them say "DualShock3 #1" at the beginning and not DX. After making sure the bindings were correctly assigned to DualShock3 #1, pressure sensitivity should work correctly. I've found that if XInput is left on, the bindings would randomly choose between DS3 or XInput mode. Although the XInput ones will register in games, as you've found, the pressure sensitivity won't work if they've bound themselves to XInput. The reason it does this is because SCP Toolkit is tricking Windows into thinking that your DS3 is an XInput XBox 360 controller and LilyPad is looking for both so sometimes it sees one or the other unless you tell it not to.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Quote:I installed SCPToolkit and followed the instructions there, and everything went fine.
Would You mind to point me to this instruction you refer to?

I fould this: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolk...r-Reloaded

but all I get is refers to only DS3/4 support and thats what stops me from finishing all the stops whjich are hugely vague btw.

Thanks for help
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go