Metal Gear Solid 2
Hi all I'm new to PCSX2 as of today and I have metal gear solid 2. I was just wondering can someone give me the best settings in relevance to my hardware so that I can play the game without a decrease in FPS and have it still looking really good. Hardware listed below:

CPU: AMD Phenom X6 3.2Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
RAM: 8GB DDR3

Thanks in advance for your replies Smile

Sponsored links

Nothing in particular for your hardware other than that you have to use SSE2 gsdx version. I would see what kind of speeds you get with default settings first and tell us how it goes, make sure you tick the MTVU hack (you will need the latest beta) in speedhacks though! and read the configuration guide if you haven't already @;

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Co...tion-Guide
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: MSI Twin FRozr GTX560Ti
MOBO: MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 Intel Z68
Okay well I am getting around 40 - 50 FPS ingame on default settings but it is being slowed down. i have ticked the MVU hack on the latest 0.9.8 and I am using DirectX 9 but I can also use 11. I don't see how it is slowing down? some people manage to play this fine without lag on systems which have downgraded hardware in comparison to mine.
Not "MVU" I said MTVU, you need version 0.9.9

Download r5133 from here
http://pcsx2.net/svn.php

Also if u can use DX11 use it =P
Okay I downloaded the r5133 and used the default settings however enabling the MTVU hack and also using DX11 and i can run the game at normal speed at 60FPS in small corridors but as soon as i enter a medium room or enter a cutscene it drops to 40 in a medium sized room and 20 in a cutscene. Is there not a list of full settings in order to play this game without such a massive FPS drop?
U don't need necessary to download 5133 lol to use MTVU Smile but still mostly the newer versions do have bugfixes for some games. And u could always download an older one if the newest one doesn't work.
Can someone link me to a 0.9.9 release and give me some decent settings? I actually do not have a clue what i'm doing...
Have u read the config guide mate? It will explain the settings to you, there are not magic settings that make specific games work on specific hardware for all games unfortunately =P. Assuming you are running on default resolution (no scaling or upped resolution) The weak point in your hardware is your CPU. Set Clamping to none, Enable speedhacks that are recommended, set resolution to native (although it wont be your GPU that is bottlenecking)

And @ Strife I know it is from r4868+ or something but its easiest to say the newest one no? =P.
Also Strife give him some help as his fellow AMD user! =P (as his AMD processor is what I would guess would be the bottleneck here)

Edit After Seeing Post#7 Read the config guide I linked u man!
Okay sorry just want to be able to run this game decently because i love it!
My CPU? X6 3.2ghz is slow?
It isnt slow, but AMD processors just dont run pcsx2 as well as Intel processors.

Just an addon to my post, have a look at this from the "Will pcsx2 run fast on my computer" thread

Recommended Processors:

Intel Core 2 Duo / Core i3 @ 3.2Ghz or faster
Intel Core i5 / i7 @ 2.66Ghz or faster
AMD Phenom II / Athlon II (X2, X3 or X4) @ 3.4Ghz or faster

Look at the difference in speed recommended between the Phenom 2 and a Core i5/7

Also this game is a highly CPU demanding game and one of those difficult games to get full speed at all times in.