Metal Gear Solid 3 OpenGL Issue with Latest Builds
So I'm currently trying to emulate MGS3, as many of us have in the past. I'm trying to do it as accurately and smoothly as possible. There's a well-known issue with the shadows and post-processing on the DirectX Hardware modes that has been solved with OpenGL and particular settings. To save time, I will reference this thread on GitHub that has screenshots matching my issue, as well as the solution:

https://github.com/pcsx2/pcsx2/issues/594

So, everything's hunky dory, right? Not quite. While the solution (OpenGL Hardware, CRC Partial, Half-Pixel Offset for non-native res) works fine, technically, I'm having an issue finding the correct, most up-to-date version of PCSX2 to do it with. The most recent official release, 1.4.0, is too early for this. The latest development release I've found that works for it was Build 2811 by lightningterror from December 20th, 2018. So, very recent, all considered. It works fine, the codec works, the post processing works, looks gorgeous. But naturally I want the most up to date version, right?

Somehow, further dev builds after that, including one from three days ago from the SAME AUTHOR (lightningterror), don't function with this fix. Same graphics plugin, same author, same settings. I'm bewildered by this. I believe the function of the Github development and releases is that it's progressive, not just one fix per version and no unified "release". I know I'm in unofficial territory here, but I'm very confused as to what happened in about two months from the same author's chain of development to break it.

Anyone had this issue before? Anyone know around what build this change happened, or why this isn't working anymore? What would be the latest build I can use for this?

Sponsored links

MGS3 looks fine on my end.

d3d11
https://imgur.com/ovaNrAA

Opengl
https://imgur.com/QCbUowL

Can you find out which build for you started causing issues, the range isn't big to track down.
Also can you share a ss how it looks for you ?
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
I'm facing the same issue. In my case, Build 2852 from December 28th is the last one where the post-processing solution works. Everything after that is a no-go.
and the codec screen no longer looks correct with OGL hardware mode, where it used to.
(03-01-2019, 07:08 AM)dough15 Wrote: I'm facing the same issue. In my case, Build 2852 from December 28th is the last one where the post-processing solution works. Everything after that is a no-go.

Ah yes 2853 did introduce a regression. Latest build from today should fix the issue.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(03-01-2019, 10:13 AM)lightningterror Wrote: Ah yes 2853 did introduce a regression. Latest build from today should fix the issue.

Great news, thanks.
Alright! In reply to your previous I was going to say I moved up a few and found 2841 to work, but that does it, all's working now. Thanks for the speedy response! This can go ahead and get locked, then, thanks.