Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater [PAL]
Yo.

I was emulating a PAL-version disc of MGS3 using PCSX2 0.9.7.3876m (svn). I'm having a lot of graphical slowdown. I know the game is quite taxing on the emulator and that's ok because I can just either skip the cutscene or just watch it a bit slower then regular.

My issue is that in the cutscenes there are long blue rectangles that scatter themselves in bars across the entire screen. even when I begin the first part of the gameplay (retrieving snake's backpack).

I have tried all of the available plugins (ZeroGS), GSnull, GSdx 3693 but every time it results in a variation of this:

[Image: zerogs.png]

This is what the game looks like in the cutscenes and opening gameplay (I haven't gone beyond that, it's too slow and choppy) when using ZeroGS. when i use GSdx those bars are just blue and transparent.

Can anyone help me?

Sponsored links

when you run the game do you use "run dvd (full boot)" or "run dvd (fast boot)"?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I have the same problem alos MGS3 PAL
tried every possible combination (software/hardware) DX10/9 diffrent plugins.
The consl says: VU0 perma-stall, breaking execution .....
PC: Q9300 Quad 2,5
Graph: HD4870 Club 3D ATI

So solved the problem : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-VU0-perma...#pid147080

But now in pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878 the code pictures are missing :-( can someone help me with that ?
Use a (software) renderer for the codec pictures, or simply press the F9 key when in codec scenes.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thx F9 worked but than ist a slide show only 5 FPS ....

thanks shadow lady.
Newbie I think any other fps issues would have something to do with your computer's power... it's a very intensive game for your computer to run.

also when you say software I'm assume the directx10 option? and f9 toggles your graphics options from software to hardware?
Yep, F9 is a toggle.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64