Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater Subsistence lag
Quote:EE 80-95%

your CPU is struggling.
an overclock (if possible) will help.
else, your PS2 will be your only other option ...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

PCSX2 has an issue with with MGS3's lighting effects when running using hardware acceleration. I believe running the game with the software renderer displays these lighting effects correctly. Unfortunetly the game becomes sluggish when using this mode.
(03-11-2013, 05:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: your CPU is struggling.
an overclock (if possible) will help.
else, your PS2 will be your only other option ...
Goddamit. Wish I knew how to do that.
I used to think my PC was pretty badass.. Oh well.
This might not be related to the subject, but does anyone here know if I could run Kingdom Hearts fine?
Processor: AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4096MB = 4.1 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
no doubt about it.
It's one of the least demanding games under pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-12-2013, 09:24 PM)jesalvein Wrote: no doubt about it.
It's one of the least demanding games under pcsx2
Yaaaay
Good to know Laugh Thanks jesalvein and anyone else who tried to help, I appreciate it.
Processor: AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4096MB = 4.1 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Hi everyone, I also have some related questions. First config - Pentium B960, 4g RAM, GF710m, Win 7 64x. I understand that my CPU is weak for this game (and others), but what really bothers me is the fact that, sometimes when MGS3 (or any other game) shows 30-40 fps the EE indicator shows 60-80% load. Isn't it supposed to be showing 90-95% load in this situation? And not only MGS3, but other games also have this thing - framerate is not running at maximum but the EE shows 50% to 80% Even CPU load in Task Manager shows the same load. GS indicator in those cases usually shows anything from 30% to 70% but never 90-95%, so it's not that my GPU is a limiter here. Native setting in Gsdx doesn't bring speedbost. And the problem is not in my laptop, it runs on maximum performance settings, no power savings and all these stuffs, CPU and GPU clocks are at max. So does anyone have a clue, whats going on? I usually have any possible speedhacks enabled and so on. But EE readings just confuse me.
Of course there are moments when EE shows 95% and a game is not in fullspeed and that is just fine with me, I understand that. But when not in fullspeed and EE reads 50% that's just downright funny.
(05-27-2013, 10:06 PM)Dant Wrote: Hi everyone, I also have some related questions. First config - Pentium B960, 4g RAM, GF710m, Win 7 64x. I understand that my CPU is weak for this game (and others), but what really bothers me is the fact that, sometimes when MGS3 (or any other game) shows 30-40 fps the EE indicator shows 60-80% load. Isn't it supposed to be showing 90-95% load in this situation? And not only MGS3, but other games also have this thing - framerate is not running at maximum but the EE shows 50% to 80% Even CPU load in Task Manager shows the same load. GS indicator in those cases usually shows anything from 30% to 70% but never 90-95%, so it's not that my GPU is a limiter here. Native setting in Gsdx doesn't bring speedbost. And the problem is not in my laptop, it runs on maximum performance settings, no power savings and all these stuffs, CPU and GPU clocks are at max. So does anyone have a clue, whats going on? I usually have any possible speedhacks enabled and so on. But EE readings just confuse me.
Of course there are moments when EE shows 95% and a game is not in fullspeed and that is just fine with me, I understand that. But when not in fullspeed and EE reads 50% that's just downright funny.

Hi dant,It's possible u'll get slowdown even when Ee & Gs % not Going up to max.
Same in my case.mine also not Go up from 60-80 %.
I think it's game specific.u can't do much here.
Some games reach full speed while some remain at 40-45 fps.
So it's better to not touch speedhacks sliders which are not recommended.
They can cause slowdowns.
Only enable recommended speedhacks & properly configure pcsx2.
Choose higher Gs plugin u'r cpu suports e.g sse41
choose best renderer which u'r pc can handle e.g.Direct3d9 hardware,Direct3d 11 hardware
tick-untick allow 8 bit textures (in some games slow,in some games fast.test it u'rself)
choose resolution widescreen (if u'r pc is widescreen ) or Fit to display/window
set extra rendering threads to 2 (e.g if u'r pc is dual core,set 2.
If quad core set 4 )
extra rendering threads works for software mode
tick edge anti aliasing
Enable hw hacks-configure-
u can use skipdraw to 1 also
it can give u performance boost.
Note-disable skipdraw to 0 if u'r game have trouble.
Hope it help u Smile