Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence - Crashing with QT PCSX2
Hello everybody! New user here. 

I recently downloaded the QT build of PCSX2, and I'm very pleased with it. However, I'm running into issues with running Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence, specifically the first disc. I was playing through Subsistence using the non-QT 1.7 build and I never had any issues starting the game. Same thing with the 1.6 PCSX2 build. 

As of this morning, my experience has changed a bit. Prior to this morning, the game would consistently crash right after the Dolby Digital splash screen. 

This morning, I got past the Dolby Digital screen but it froze as soon as I tried to skip the intro sequence (I'm STILLLLLLL in a DREAAAAAM, SNAKE EATEERRRR!!!)

I've included the last crash report, as well as a screenshot of what appears in the program log after the Dolby Digital splash screen.

Any clues as to what might be going on here?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   crash-2022-05-23-10-38-05-356.txt (Size: 28,16 KB / Downloads: 55)

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-24-2022, 06:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

Hello jesalvein! I looked for the emulog, but there is nothing in the logs folder. 

Weirdly enough, the game is now running. I did virtually no troubleshooting, so I'm not entirely sure what happened.
There is no emulogs in Qt at the moment, sorry.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-25-2022, 12:19 AM)refraction Wrote: There is no emulogs in Qt at the moment, sorry.

good to know.
didn't try enough
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
They are being added though, there is a PR for it currently (sorry to derail this thread) https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/6165
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]