Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence (Disc2): strange lines in duel mode
Hello everybody and sorry for my english (Im spanish) I will try to explain myself as well as possible.

When I play MGS3 Subsistence in normal mode (HISTORY MODE) in disc 1 it looks OK but when i put disc 2 and try to play Duel or Theatre mode some strange lines appears in the screen:

[Image: gsdx_20130903093657_zps3faefe55.png]

My PC specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.30 Ghz, 3301 Mhz, 4 cores

RAM: 4 GB

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 1GB

And my plugin config:

[Image: Sintiacutetulo_zpsf788ecd1.png]

Any solution? When I switch the plugin from hardware to software the lines dissapear but obviusly i want another solution (software mode has poor quality).

Thanks!!

Sponsored links

In HW mode such problems are "fixed" by applying skipdraw hack for them the problem is it's customized per game and activated on list of implemented CRC's only, so most likely your disc 2 CRC is not included and "fix" is not applied;p.
Here's a list of CRC's for this game from the pcsx2 code:
Code:
    {0x086273D2, MetalGearSolid3, FR, 0},
    {0x26A6E286, MetalGearSolid3, EU, 0},
    {0x9F185CE1, MetalGearSolid3, EU, 0},
    {0x98D4BC93, MetalGearSolid3, EU, 0},
    {0x79ED26AD, MetalGearSolid3, EU, 0},
    {0x5E31EA42, MetalGearSolid3, EU, 0},
    {0xD7ED797D, MetalGearSolid3, EU, 0},
    {0x053D2239, MetalGearSolid3, US, 0},
    {0xAA31B5BF, MetalGearSolid3, US, 0},
    {0x86BC3040, MetalGearSolid3, US, 0}, //Subsistance disc 1
    {0x0481AD8A, MetalGearSolid3, JP, 0},
    {0xC69ACB6F, MetalGearSolid3, KO, 0}, //MetalGearSolid 3 SnakeEater
    {0xB0D195EF, MetalGearSolid3, KO, 0}, //MetalGearSolid 3 Substance disc1
    {0x3EBABC9C, MetalGearSolid3, KO, 0}, //MetalGearSolid3Substance disc2
If your "game CRC"(which can be found after launching the disc in pcsx2 log) of disc 2 is not on the list, then that confirms the problem.

If that's the case - for the fix you'll have to post your disc 2 CRC here and wait till someone add's it to SVN. If you don't want to wait you could just hex edit GSdx dll directly and swap one of the above CRC's to your disc2;p if you have no clue how, you could use a small tool I wrote some time ago called GSdx CRC patcher which does exactly that through I kind of wrote it with menaging bigger lists of crc's and common updating in mind as one time one crc edit is not so bothersome to do manually;p. Anyway be sure to post the CRC even if you deal with it yourself so it can be oficially added in the future;3.

If that's not the case and your d2 CRC is on that list above, could also mean the skipdraw fix for disc 1 does not work for disc 2 and it'll require different skipdraw hack in the future, you could experiment with skipdraw built-in gsdx interface for that, but it might be too limited for such bothersome problems;p.
My CRC is not on the list, is this: 0x01B2FA7F. The game is NTSC USA.

Thanks Im gonna try what you said and Ill tell you.
Ok it worked!!! Thank you so much, if its added in futures SVN better but for the moment i can play. Thank you so much again!!! Laugh
Hello, I'm having the exact same issue with Disc 2, however I'm not that familiar with CRC's in PCSX2, can you explain exactly what you did to add the CRC skipdraw hack for disc 2?
I'm running the latest SVN version of PCSX2 1.3.0 and this CRC is not added yet.
Thanks.
(06-24-2014, 06:46 AM)Duodecima Wrote: Hello, I'm having the exact same issue with Disc 2, however I'm not that familiar with CRC's in PCSX2, can you explain exactly what you did to add the CRC skipdraw hack for disc 2?
I'm running the latest SVN version of PCSX2 1.3.0 and this CRC is not added yet.
Thanks.

Nevermind, I figured out how to use your patcher, thank you for making such a wonderful piece of software!