Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence FPS issues
When I try to run MGS3 on windows 10 I get about 13-19 fps any advice on how to boost that to at least 50? Some additional information the lowest FPS happens during cut scenes with an average Frame rate of about 14 but during game play it jumps up to 20 fps. How can i fix this issue?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
CPU: Intel Core I7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 970M
Memory: 16GB 3.5 DDR
OPerating System: Windows 10
Version of PCSX2: 1.2.1
No Non default settings
Games: Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid Subsistence, and Metal Gear Solid 2
enable all recommended speedhacks + fiddle with ee cycle rate/ vu cycle stealing.
set windows power plan to perfromance mode, and make sure you aren't running on batteries.
This way, you should be able to reach around 30-35 fps during gameplay, 20 during cutscenes.
If you want to reach 50, get a cpu with an STR above 2100. MGS3 is really demanding
Why does the steam version of MGS5 run well then? like at full FPS? is it because its specialized for a computer system vs. an iso that was for a console?
(10-29-2015, 02:28 AM)Deus_Olim Wrote: Why does the steam version of MGS5 run well then? like at full FPS? is it because its specialized for a computer system vs. an iso that was for a console?

exactly.
one runs on its native system whereas the other is emulated