Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence PAL issues
(03-07-2018, 05:19 PM)Lubron Wrote: i know that, I'm just trying, if possible, to run the game at 60fps and I find that solution. I don't know if it was the best, but if this breaks the game I'll return to 50fps as PAL games usually works.
Increasing the frameratePAL value in the ini will not make the game run at a higher framerate. It will only make the emulation run faster, which will make the game run too fast, because it is still emulated at 50 Hz(FPS).

(03-07-2018, 05:19 PM)Lubron Wrote: @FlatOut : what you suggest is what i had done before you tell me to delete the file Smile
You mentioned using a widescreen hack taken from a NTSC version. You can't use cheats/widescreen hacks from a different region. Wink

Sponsored links

(03-07-2018, 04:35 PM)FlatOut Wrote: You are confusing people by sharing false information.
@flatout : arguing with a dev isn't a good idea.
could you please calm down a bit ?
thanks a bunch Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-07-2018, 05:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: @flatout : arguing with a dev isn't a good idea.
could you please calm down a bit ?
thanks a bunch Wink
Please don't insult me. I'm not arguing, I just stated 2 facts.
@Flatout : i created my own pnach file seeing that the 3 PAL (UK, ESP and FR if i remember well) ones in the zip has the same patch, so i created a new file with the same patch, just changing the name (still don't understanding what hex numbers means for Smile ) and giving the mine.

However, now that's clear that I can't playing 60fps the PAL version of the game, which setting should I tune to improve the overall gaming experience?

thanks! Smile
(03-07-2018, 05:46 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Please don't insult me. I'm not arguing, I just stated 2 facts.
"Insult" ??? Blink
Are you sure you know what insulting means ?
(03-07-2018, 06:25 PM)jesalvein Wrote: "Insult" ??? Blink
Are you sure you know what insulting means ?
Claiming I am not being calm and that I'm arguing is insulting to me.

(03-07-2018, 06:12 PM)Lubron Wrote: However, now that's clear that I can't playing 60fps the PAL version of the game, which setting should I tune to improve the overall gaming experience?
It would probably be best to post screenshots of your current settings (Emulation Setttings and Video (GS) Plugin Settings) first.
[EMULATION SETTINGS]

Default (Checked box in bottom-left)
Checked "MTVU multithreaded" in SpeedHack
Checked "Switch to 4:3 ration during FMV" in GS Window

[VIDEO PLUGIN SETTINGS]

https://ibb.co/mnausn
The first thing to change is disable the large framebuffer. It should give a large performance boost as the game seems to be one of the more negatively affected games by this option, without any positives.

If the game still struggles, you should set Blending Unity Accuracy to Basic. MGS3 needs Full for a few scenes, but it is very demanding. Most of the game will be fine with Basic.
(03-07-2018, 06:44 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Claiming I am not being calm and that I'm arguing is insulting to me.
Whoa.
sorry if I upset your highness

Just FYI this :
Quote:I know that, I didn't want to confuse him.
Isn't "sharing false information" as you blatantly claim it.
It's pedagogy. Ask Ref to learn how to use it. Wink
(03-07-2018, 09:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Just FYI this :
Isn't "sharing false information" as you blatantly claim it.
It's pedagogy. Ask Ref to learn how to use it. Wink
Leaving out information as you teach is normal. Blatenty stating information that is false in more than one way is not helpful in any way.