Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence PAL issues
(03-07-2018, 09:57 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Leaving out information as you teach is normal. Blatenty stating information that is false in more than one way is not helpful in any way.
OK.
I guess learning pedagogy is out of your reach.
sorry for you, pal Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(03-07-2018, 09:57 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Leaving out information as you teach is normal. Blatenty stating information that is false in more than one way is not helpful in any way.

I'm not here to teach the "facts" about how things work. The users see 50fps and 60fps, that's all they care about, saying "ooh actually that's only 25fps but it runs at 50hz" they couldn't give 2 craps. I'm not going to sit here and argue over semantics when I'm giving all the information they need, the fact you decided to come here and start picking that apart is your own doing and if you can't see past your own arrogance then I feel bad for you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-07-2018, 10:25 PM)refraction Wrote: I'm not here to teach the "facts" about how things work. The users see 50fps and 60fps, that's all they care about, saying "ooh actually that's only 25fps but it runs at 50hz" they couldn't give 2 craps. I'm not going to sit here and argue over semantics when I'm giving all the information they need, the fact you decided to come here and start picking that apart is your own doing and if you can't see past your own arrogance then I feel bad for you.
I feel bad for you and jesel for making this such a huge thing. All I did was make a small remark because what you posted was not correct. You might not realise it, but everyone can read this thread, and they might not all realise your comment didn't care about actual facts and believe it to be true.
It's not the first time you've done it to me, that's why I kicked off, it's getting irritating and I'd wish you'd stop doing it.

And if people come to this thread specifically to work out what framerate the PS2 truely runs at, they need to improve their searching skills.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I reacted because it's not the first time you did it with me too.
Most of the time, i don't answer, because it's not worth the shot.

I just seconded Ref on this to make sure you understand it can be irritating.

Well, whatever, back on topic gentlemen ? Smile
Seriously guy Smile Peace and love Smile

May I suggest to clean this thread to remain on track of the OP.

@OP
On GSdx side, OpenGL is able to better emulate various effect. However, it requires the NTSC version. PAL is more difficult to emulate for complex reason (basically GS memory was too small so game devs use awful tricks)
First of all, I'm sorry to be "the reason" for an argue Sad

Whatever,

(03-07-2018, 08:53 PM)FlatOut Wrote: The first thing to change is disable the large framebuffer. It should give a large performance boost as the game seems to be one of the more negatively affected games by this option, without any positives.

If the game still struggles, you should set Blending Unity Accuracy to Basic. MGS3 needs Full for a few scenes, but it is very demanding. Most of the game will be fine with Basic.

I set as you said. Now the game runs smoothly, without FPS drop in FMVs or in the START menu, and also the codec is fixed (now I see the blurred character).
At the moment the only problem seems to be a kind of "shining" in FMVs and in-game, as you can see in the following images:

https://ibb.co/bA3qYS
https://ibb.co/cNoPtS

(03-08-2018, 10:41 AM)gregory Wrote: Seriously guy Smile Peace and love Smile

May I suggest to clean this thread to remain on track of the OP.

@OP
On GSdx side, OpenGL is able to better emulate various effect. However, it requires the NTSC version. PAL is more difficult to emulate for complex reason (basically GS memory was too small so game devs use awful tricks)

If it's possible i would try to play the PAL version, I'm OK with english but I like to play in italian; I don't think i can play a NSTC italian version Smile However if I'll state that I can't play the game at a sufficient level I'll switch to the NTSC version.
(03-08-2018, 11:14 AM)Lubron Wrote: If it's possible i would try to play the PAL version, I'm OK with english but I like to play in italian; I don't think i can play a NSTC italian version Smile However if I'll state that I can't play the game at a sufficient level I'll switch to the NTSC version.

You own both PAL ans NTSC versions ?
You bought the game twice ? Blink
Obiously not! But I have a friend of mine who got NTSC console (bought by his regional-standard ignorant parents on a journey) and also the game so I could retrieve both easily
PAL should mostly work but you will have a missing depth effect on the half bottom of the screen (typically for codec if my memory is right)