Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Post-Processing bug ?
well, at least it's only 3, not like it's the 30+ I lost with a hard drive crash and had to start over

Sponsored links

(10-18-2015, 02:54 PM)Saiki Wrote: well, at least it's only 3, not like it's the 30+ I lost with a hard drive crash and had to start over

That's unfortunate, but where did you lose it ?

PCSX2 ? Original PS2 ?

Because if this continues to happen on PCSX2 then I'm afraid I won't be completing game here.
(10-18-2015, 02:57 PM)blabla21 Wrote: That's unfortunate, but where did you lose it ?

PCSX2 ? Original PS2 ?

Because if this continues to happen on PCSX2 then I'm afraid I won't be completing game here.

Save corruption can happen just as easily on a real PS2.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-18-2015, 02:57 PM)blabla21 Wrote: Because if this continues to happen on PCSX2 then I'm afraid I won't be completing game here.

my hard drive failed, not my memory cards. also PCSX2 won't corrupt cards unless you do something stupid. (treat it like the actual PS2 and it behaves fine)
(10-18-2015, 03:05 PM)Saiki Wrote: my hard drive failed, not my memory cards. also PCSX2 won't corrupt cards unless you do something stupid. (treat it like the actual PS2 and it behaves fine)

But I did not do anything stupid.

I normally saved like all of my actual games, and I waited ofcourse for the saving bar to complete and everything went normally, the next thing you know when I opened my MGS3 was that it could not load my primary save.

The save I made when I only started the game right at the beginning successfully loaded , but I'd rather fix my other one.
see, I wait for the discussion after a save to finish before I shut off my game. that way I know it's done. that's a good practice to get into. run as admin and wait for the stuff to finish
(10-18-2015, 03:23 PM)Saiki Wrote: see, I wait for the discussion after a save to finish before I shut off my game. that way I know it's done. that's a good practice to get into. run as admin and wait for the stuff to finish

Thanks I'll do that, but it seems this really is some sorta corruption of the save.

I also forgot to mention that once in the game I was caught I pressed L1+R1+L2+R2+SELECT+START to restart the game so that I can load it faster, so maybe that corrupted it but I doubt it since the game loaded normally even after doing that.

Well now I unfortunately have to start over again, oh well I will look at some speedruns to see the fastest way to get there.

Thanks for the help guys +REP to everyone.

Any mod's feel free to close the thread.