Metal Gear Solid 3 too slow
Question 
Hello, i'm looking for some suggestions to improve the speed of MGS3.
I've tried various combinations of option but the result are always unacceptable!

I've an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2163 Mhx, with 3 Gb of RAM. My OS is Vista, i've done the directx update. I'm using GSdx 0.1.14 MSVC15 SSE2, with DX9, because DX10 doesn't work.
cdvdrom: linux iso cdvd 0.8.0
the bios is USA v.02.00(14/06/2004)

I don't care about graphical details! Just wanna play! Laugh

Is it better to use hardware or software rendering?
Is ZeroGS better for graphics?
Which pixel shader should i use?
I see there's a patch for the european version of MGS3, would it be useful?
How should i set the frameskip in CPU configuration?
I'm using all the speed hacks but no big improvements.

Oh, moreover in the console while playing i receive a lot of these notifications:
VU0 perma-stall, breaking execution

Thanks in advance.
Excellent work guys!

Sponsored links

Overclock your cpu to 3ghz or better, use vucycle stealing in option and play this game under directx.10 mode with gpu directx 10 compatible . Btw i dont see your gpu.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I have downloaded the latest pcsx2 beta and turned every speedhack on but the biggest performence boost gave me the option VU Cycle Stealing. It is running fullspeed now (atleast in most cases).
Where can i find that speedhack? I only have EmotionEngine Sync Hacks, INTC Sync Hack, IOP x2 Cycle Rate, WaitCycles Sync Hack, I'm using PCSX2 0.9.6
Should i download a more recent versione? Maybe the beta?

When i try to use DX10 it says "The GS failed to open/initialize", but my GPU is DX10 compatible! It is a Intel 965 Express.

Thank you guys!
Yes you need the beta.
Hey I have a black screen during loading with mgs3 subsistence PAL.
I see logos trademark and then black screen.
How to solve this ?

Thanks
Asus P5Q Pro | C2D E8400 3GHz@4GHz + Noctua NH-C12P | 2x2Go Patriot Extreme PC-8500 | GeForce GTX 460@Stock 1Go GLH
(06-04-2009, 08:14 PM)Register Wrote: Overclock your cpu to 3ghz or better, use vucycle stealing in option and play this game under directx.10 mode with gpu directx 10 compatible . Btw i dont see your gpu.

what is ur CPU?

I have Strange problem.
with full Speed heck it's claim it's 60 FPS all the time{it's forced to not go too fast}
but there is still some slowdown...

the newest bete Improve it,but it's still slow in some areas.

I have Core i7 920 2.67
I know it's only support dual core...
I get a constant perma-stall VU0 on this game... maybe prints that message 10 times a second to console window...

Is there any method to fix this?.
It's just a warning. You can disable the console so it doesn't get printed.
[Image: newsig.jpg]