Metal Gear Solid 3
(12-18-2008, 10:35 PM)ReY Wrote: I've been trying to make it work for about 2 hours now Ohmy
After I read cottonvibes' post, I tried to set those settings, but it doesn't work. I can't activate Gdsx, because everytime I want to use it, i get a error that tells me to update my DirectX version, and it asks me if I want to update to the newest version. When I click Yes, it redirects me to THIS site, and when I download and install it, it installs a "WGAPlugin" but my DirectX doesn't change.
The Lilypad does also not work. When i want set my control settings, i cant Set my Analog Sticks and my D-Pad. But both of them work.

However, i tried to start it with different settings, but its unplayable, I dont even get through the start sequence.

I hope somebody can help me Smile

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'm German.

Yes i can help, after you have installed wga verification plugin ( i hope you original windows ), come back to that site, and retry to update directx ( better in internet explerore.. firefox may not work ), after you should have a little file on your hd, now execute that and update your dx.. bye

Sponsored links

(12-18-2008, 10:16 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: oh, and IIRC, a 3.6ghz C2D should be able to play MGS3 at full speed. i think i got like 40fps on my 3ghz amd x2, which is alot slower than a c2d.
U must be getting them somewhere in the begining, unfortunatley many cutscenes drops them twice Sad
Yes I did it!!! I finished MGS3: Subsistence!!! PCSX2 PG is Super!!! Laugh
[Image: a672aa73a9d2.jpg]
I read there that ohmc-Snake was able to save the game (55 times)...well I tried to save the game but it says that an error occurred...
this did not happen only with the original 0.9.4 version and there performances are very poor (I still remember the rtc implementation...nice days...)...
can it be a memory card problem (since I don't change the 2 files since 0.9.4)? The rpoblem is that it reads the files correctly but can't write on mc (for now only with mgs3 the english vs...yes only the english because gabest still didn't add the italian's CRC so the gfx is rubbish... I'll be waiting for that...allthough his is a great plugin)
However it runs pretty good on a pIV @3,5 ghz x300 radeon and 1gB of RAM...(around 25-30 fps but whit frame skipping it's nearly playable compared to the 10-20 fps of some mounth ago...thx pp team:-))

@Jackal : if I remember well the vmhack was caused by the rounding mode: putting it in chop/zero (ee/vu) resolved the problem (is that case of the freezing in the swamp or near the first enemy...)
Saving works in Subsistence, doesn't work in Snake eater. Anyway its fully playable using Savestates and I finished it using pcsx2 even before PP version came into existence.
Yes u're right...in effect saving works with the italian subsistence vs and doesn't with the snake eater english vs...
U will agree with me if I say that the pp vs makes the game a lot more playable now....
A question: do u still have the water garbage with gsdx?
(01-03-2009, 10:16 PM)ohmc-Snake Wrote: Yes I did it!!! I finished MGS3: Subsistence!!! PCSX2 PG is Super!!! Laugh
[Image: a672aa73a9d2.jpg]
Thats very nice, but we'd like to see your emu setup and PC specs )
PC Specs: Intel Core2Duo E6750 2.66 Hhz, GeForce 8600GTS, 2Gb RAM

PCSX2 PG Configuration:
Plugins:
Video: GSdx 872m SSSE3(Windowed, D3D9 Hardware, PS 2.0, no Interlacing, Aspect ratio 4:3, Texture Filtering enabled, Alpha correction enabled)
Sound: SPU2ghz Playground 1.9.0(Time-stretching enabled)
Control: SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure Mod 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0

CPU Settings:
EERec enabled
Vu0Rec enabled
Vu1Rec enabled
MTGS enabled
Frame Limiting: Limit 60 FPS

SpeedHacks:
Disable VU Overflow Checks enabled
Disable FPU Overflow Checks enabled
Disable Underflow Checks enabled
EE Sync Hack (x2) enabled
IOP Sync Hack (x2) enabled

FPS 35-60
Eh, hardcore snake. I'd rather wait for some more optimization playing shadow of colossus. Tried everything like u said and it doesnt make me wanna play MGS3 even PAL even on 3.3 GHz
i played Metal Gear Solid 3 but im geting a good awsome reading that this game is playable on my computer, but people have different machines to try it out, its a alwsome game to play.