Metal Saga [SLUS-21293] locks up after battles
I dug first before this, and to try and troubleshoot myself am also running it on the balanced settings with no gamefixes applied. Computer's settings are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700
RAM: 16GB 
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Aside note, it appears I'm having the same problem as this post and ran the game under both the legacy 1.4.0 install I still have (on the same default balanced settings that I mentioned earlier) and v1.5.0-dev-2283-g5fdc9da88. I will attempt to run the game on the latest version after I've slept. If the problem persists I will also have a log ready to grab right out of the program console at that time. The biggest difference appears to be I am running with no fixes applied and am encountering the error.

Sponsored links

That game is known to have problems with negative ee cycle rate. Make sure you are not using that.
That fixed it. Kind of a black magic fix (i.e. I don't know why it fixed it, but it did), and I couldn't find anything on the wiki or what have you that indicated that. If I remember later I'll be sure to add that. Much appreciated.