Metal gear Solid Two Running Slow
We know they are bad because they are using shared DDR3 memory and PCSX2 is very memory bandwidth intensive. You may be able to eek out 2-3x on some games, but many others will stutter, slow down, etc. It's not safe to assume that someone will always play games that it won't matter as much, hence why the recommendation for native settings on ANY graphics card that's using shared memory or DDR3. (hell, at least integrated using shared memory is likely getting on a 128bit dual channel bus, many low end graphics cards are using 64-bit buses which is likely why the low end nvidia card isn't doing good on PCSX2)
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Ok koji thanks for clear all things Smile
Yeah what Koji said. They also don't scale well at all with memory bandwidth unlike AMD's APU's (tests have shown that the faster your RAM is, the better your FPS with iGPU of an APU, the Intel HD graphics might get an extra frame or two, sometimes it doesn't even get that)

From what I hear, Intel's next-gen integrated graphics on their Haswell CPU's (some of the select i5 and mostly i7 chips) will be much faster than the Intel HD 4000. Might even be able to do 2x native in PCSX2 on some games.
Actually, Intel's integrated graphics low fillrates are their big weak point here.
Some games will show that no amount of bandwidth will compensate.

An entry-level GeForce or Radeon can stomp an Intel in that respect.

In my experience;
You're not gonna keep a clean 60fps in MGS with an HD 3000.
You'd have better luck on a 128-bit DDR3 unit with pixel pushing power.

EDIT:
Then again, you are on a desktop, right?
So you should be able to OC that core.
Maybe that'll help some, but gains are limited by the hardware.
(05-27-2013, 09:22 PM)NarooN Wrote: Yeah what Koji said. They also don't scale well at all with memory bandwidth unlike AMD's APU's (tests have shown that the faster your RAM is, the better your FPS with iGPU of an APU, the Intel HD graphics might get an extra frame or two, sometimes it doesn't even get that)

From what I hear, Intel's next-gen integrated graphics on their Haswell CPU's (some of the select i5 and mostly i7 chips) will be much faster than the Intel HD 4000. Might even be able to do 2x native in PCSX2 on some games.

For u'r information i'm now playing on 2x native all ps2 games !!
It all depends on the game. If all your games fall into the less demanding group then you should be able to get 2x on them (I run most of mine at 3x, but I dont play any overly demanding games with pcsx2). The more demanding games however will need native to have any chance, but more than likely that wont be enough.

As much as you seem to love the intel HD 3000 preet, at some stage you have to accept that it is weak for gaming in general. The HD 4000 is much better but even then is still weak for gaming. Im not saying they arent able to be used for gaming. But you will be limited to low settings and resolutions with them to have any hope at decent fps, not only in pcsx2, but native pc games as well.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming