Metal gear solid snake eater pnach file help!
Is it possible that I messed up with the converting the cheat code?

Sponsored links

Very possible.. personally I have given up trying to use gameshark, codebreaker, action replay, xplorer etc etc codes through pnach files. I use an external cheat engine instead. Depending on the game depends on what one I use..

Artmoney .ru - There is a free version and a Pro version, I paid for the Pro version
Cheatengine .org - Totally free Smile

They work the same way as the old Xplorer/Action Replay cheat carts did on the PSX. Pause the game, search for a value (like if you have 500 gold do a search for 500), then when you get results go back to the game spend or earn some cash, pause, go back to game and filter those results for new number, keep doing this until you find the code you need. Edit the number and hey presto!! Lots of money! Smile

Edit:
ALTERNATIVELY....

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Cheat-making-for-dummies

all the information you could need there Smile
Specs:
CPU - AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition Quad Core Socket AM2+ (940 pin) 2511.36mhz
MB - ASUSTek Crosshair II Formula Motherboard - nForce 780a SLI SPP (MCP Southbridge)
RAM - 8gb DDR2 Dual Channel Corsair PC2-6400
GFX - NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 512mb (I do have a 550GT TI 1GB)
OS - Windows 7 64bit/Fedora 13 KDE
@TS
did you get it to work? I searched all over the interwebs and none have a working pnach cheat for metal gear solid 3 snake eater (US ntsc).........which sucks ass by the way....
@pcsx22010
When will you finish the pnach file? it worked for me on my version:

Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_213.59;1

Game CRC = 0x053D2239

I would be very very grateful! and thanks in advance!
(08-05-2010, 03:47 PM)ChrisR1982Edin Wrote: Very possible.. personally I have given up trying to use gameshark, codebreaker, action replay, xplorer etc etc codes through pnach files. I use an external cheat engine instead. Depending on the game depends on what one I use..

Artmoney .ru - There is a free version and a Pro version, I paid for the Pro version
Cheatengine .org - Totally free Smile

They work the same way as the old Xplorer/Action Replay cheat carts did on the PSX. Pause the game, search for a value (like if you have 500 gold do a search for 500), then when you get results go back to the game spend or earn some cash, pause, go back to game and filter those results for new number, keep doing this until you find the code you need. Edit the number and hey presto!! Lots of money! Smile

Edit:
ALTERNATIVELY....

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Cheat-making-for-dummies

all the information you could need there Smile

this. I've been using cheat engine, once you get the knack for making codes, most only take 30-60 seconds to make unless you're searching for an unknown value, then it may take a few minutes.

That said, I wish I knew some actual coding so I could readd a cheat searcher into the UI like the old versions had. Maybe someone more enterprising can handle it Smile

(edit) Wow didn't realize it was a three year old necro post....
[Image: 2748844.png]
please don't resurrect old threads, make a new one if a thread is more than a couple of months old.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]