Mgs 3 full screen
Is there any way to run cutscene in mgs 3 (substance version) in full screen . All cutscene come with black bar at top and bottom which cover almost 30% of the space . Any solution or is it like that only . Does Ps3 version ( HD collection) also have black bars during cutscene ?

Sponsored links

(04-01-2014, 06:40 PM)Iittopper Wrote: Is there any way to run cutscene in mgs 3 (substance version) in full screen . All cutscene come with black bar at top and bottom which cover almost 30% of the space . Any solution or is it like that only . Does Ps3 version ( HD collection) also have black bars during cutscene ?

ASFAIK customers are pre rendered so you can't edit them.
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
I dont think its possible its just how the game is made.
Maybe its possible to create a widescreen patch that removes the black bars but its very unlikely.

MGS HD Colection has an fullscreen option but it does not change the FOV so you still see the same picture. Letterbox+Widescreen is still the best way to play IMHO.
(04-01-2014, 08:55 PM)Grove4L Wrote: I dont think its possible its just how the game is made.
Maybe its possible to create a widescreen patch that removes the black bars but its very unlikely.

MGS HD Colection has an fullscreen option but it does not change the FOV so you still see the same picture. Letterbox+Widescreen is still the best way to play IMHO.

Some videos are rendered letterboxed so cropping those out through some hack would not only be very ugly code-wise but visually as well, since the stretching will likely make them worse.
@Coornio: Yeah but MGS3 has only a few videos and almost all of them use some effects to make it look like a low quality movie anyway so it would not really matter.

I experimented with the skipdraw hack once and there was a setting that removed the black bars but also a lot of other stuff as well so its not really usable but it may be possible with some Codes but hard to do and not really worth it.
Tried a software renderer with GSdx?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-02-2014, 03:10 PM)Bositman Wrote: Tried a software renderer with GSdx?

yeh . No change . I guess this is how the game was meant to be played . Stretching the cutscene is not a good idea after all .