Michigan: Report from Hell - Any game fixes available?
No pnach will do it.
Inreally think your cpu's not powerful enough.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Not to keep chewing on this, though so far I have not seen one single video on YouTube (that wasn't a tv capture of an actual PS2 playing) where this game didn't get slowmotion in certain situations.
Please post your emulog.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-28-2014, 04:09 PM)Mokgor Wrote: Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone else has tried running "Michigan: Report from Hell" on the PCSX2 emulator without it causing any issues while playing.

Here are 2 videos of the game where you can see my framerate dropping drastically every now and then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSv7ndQ1X4k&t=6m25s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kijbwrm10Q

(just hasted unlisted test videos to check the quality/performance)

I've tried many different setting with the GS Plugin and speedhack options and whatnot. (anyhing that was mentioned here on the forums on the sticky threads)
I went with the native resolution, tried software/hardware dx9/11, completely deactivated any AA/AF, turned everything low, but the game still keeps dropping framerates when facing into certain directions while sometimes just running perfectly fine at 60 FPS.
(recording the videos has no impact on the games performance)

Any other game I play on the PCSX2 works perfectly fine with all graphics settings maxed up.

I just wonder if anyone could give me suggestions on how to improve the games performance to work just as well as any other game.
Or maybe someone could create some custom fixes for it.

My system:

Windows 7 64Bit
4GB Ram
AMD Phenom II 4x (3.0 GHz)
ATI Radeon HD5870

Or could it be because my system is too weak for it?

The reason why I'm asking for this especially for this game is, that I want to record a longplay of that game for my youtube channel, but a video with spiking frames where everything goes noticably slowmotion every now and then isn't that nice to watch.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help you guys can provide.

I know this is super late and may have been resolved already but, I love this game and ran into the same issues after upgrading to a GTX 1060 with an intel i7 from 2017 Q1. In the opening stage, the framerate would nosedive when I moved down the street in any direction. What fixed this issue, for me, was choosing to run the game at 60 FPS instead of PAL's 50 (this game gives you the option on start-up). I think it may be a compatibility issue with PCSX2 where, for some reason, when the game tries to 'run itself' at PAL output, the emulator doesn't react well. That's conjecture, but I'm telling you the lag stopped when I made the switch.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]