Microstutter when in fullspeed?
Quote:I fear this will never be resolved because it's been an issue for years. The devs will continue to ignore. Or they're just blind.

These things aren't that simple to fix. Time , testing , coding , more testing is needed. Everyone here has different system specs, operating systems ... etc ... where results are different.

Anyway here , these might be related:
Git issue
Pull Request

Sponsored links

(05-27-2017, 12:46 AM)Old$ch00LGamer Wrote: Yeah trust me don't listen to these guys the stutter is there and is opengl only. The only thing left i can think of testing is linux. Also want to note that pcsx2 is not the only emulator to do this. Some emulators that use opengl have the same problem some do not.

if it is feel free to fix it, stutter can be cause by to many things, you can ignore what dev have said and claim other wise,  but unless you dev and are working on project, what you think it irrelevant.

Just people that come here claim dx12 will help pcsx2, when the dev said many time i most likely will not

PCSX2 has skeleton crew  working on at that, be happy there is updates. as frequent as there is

like said to many things cause stutter and laying the blame solo on emulator is not realistic thing to do
(05-27-2017, 12:53 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: if it is feel free to fix it, stutter can be cause by to many things, you can  ignore what dev have said and claim other wise,  but unless you dev and are working on project, what you think it irrelevant.

Just people that come here claim dx12 will help pcsx2, when the dev said many time i most likely will not

PCSX2 has skeleton crew  working on at that, be happy there is updates. as frequent as there is
Oh believe me if i could i would. I do appreciate the hard work. If what i think as a user is irrelevant why give us the option to post issues here and on the git?
Not trying to speak for other people, but what the point I think tsunami2311 is making, is that we're all trying to help & find a solution to the problem. You're coming across offensively by saying "Yeah trust me don't listen to these guys the stutter is there and is opengl only". It's not just a opengl problem, otherwise everyone else using opengl would be reporting this. The OP has a better graphics card than I do, but I can play GOW with OpenGL with no stuttering at all. So the problem is likely coming from somewhere else. You have a right to your opinion & we appreciate your help. But please allow other people to help also & not just assume what we're saying is wrong. We're all here on our spare time to help each other out here Smile
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(05-27-2017, 12:51 AM)lightningterror Wrote: These things aren't that simple to fix. Time , testing , coding , more testing is needed. Everyone here has different system specs, operating systems ... etc ... where results are different.

Anyway here , these might be related:
Git issue
Pull Request
Thanks for the links. I've have looked at these before. I understand that everyone's system is different. However i have tested many different systems. I've tried mixing amd gpus with intel cpus, nvidia with amd cpu etc. The only variable i haven't tried changing is an os other than a windows os. I'm curious if Linux has the issue.
(05-27-2017, 01:09 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Not trying to speak for other people, but what the point I think tsunami2311 is making, is that we're all trying to help & find a solution to the problem.  You're coming across offensively by saying "Yeah trust me don't listen to these guys the stutter is there and is opengl only".  It's not just a opengl problem, otherwise everyone else using opengl would be reporting this.  The OP has a better graphics card than I do, but I can play GOW with OpenGL with no stuttering at all.  So the problem is likely coming from somewhere else.  You have a right to your opinion & we appreciate your help.  But please allow other people to help also & not just assume what we're saying is wrong.  We're all here on our spare time to help each other out here  Smile
I understand and i am sorry. I'm just frustrated with the issue. It just seems like every time i post on these forums the devs are always quick to say I'm a dev you're not so you're wrong. Not sure if Tsunami is a dev but just saying.
to report things, but ignoring what one is told make one look ignorant.

I have no stuttering in opengl  in pcsx2, so to blame pcsx2 and only pcsx2 is wrong, if you talking about the 1 fps drop from 59-60, that happens in EVERY API and is vsync buffering issue, which is fixed for me by using RTSS to lock to 60fps,

I can list tons of pc game that have stutter ( game freeze for split second) that cause of game engine not the driver or hardware, same for games that do that that cause hdd, and drivers changes. like been said by other it not simple fix nore is pcsx2 the only blame,

BTW forums all have RULES generally dont have free speech eiter, and say what you want and how you want it ignore what one is told can and will get one in trouble this forum is no exception.
(05-27-2017, 01:19 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: to report things, but ignoring what one is told make one look ignorant.

I have no stuttering in opengl  in pcsx2, so to blame pcsx2 and only pcsx2 is wrong, if you talking about the 1 fps drop from 59-60, that happens in EVERY API and is vsync buffering issue, which is fixed for me by using RTSS to lock to 60fps,

I can list tons of pc game that have stutter ( game freeze for split second) that cause of game engine not the driver or hardware, same for games that do that that cause hdd, and drivers changes. like been said by other it not simple fix nore is pcsx2 the only blame,

BTW forums all have RULES generally dont have free speech eiter, and say what you want and how you want it ignore what one is told can and will get one in trouble this forum is no exception.
No thats not it. I understand thats typical behavior for pcsx2. I have used riva tuner as well to do the same but doesn't seem to have any effect on the frame pacing/micro stutter.
Try disabling your AV temporarily or put in a gaming mode. A long shot I know but I had similar symptoms once before and no fixes worked, then when I disabled it temporarily it was immediately so much smoother.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(05-27-2017, 09:21 AM)Donovan24 Wrote: Try disabling your AV temporarily or put in a gaming mode. A long shot I know but I had similar symptoms once before and no fixes worked, then when I disabled it temporarily it was immediately so much smoother.

^^

I have had my AV exclude my games and emulators/iso from on demand scans for years,, this another thing that can cause it.