Microstuttering
(12-13-2022, 06:55 PM)ToiletDuck Wrote: Have you considered to upgrade your gpu (REALY !!)  .  An gpu with better vulkan support is realy worth the money for emulation i can tell you for sure..

your gpu is more an match for my cpu, but my PCIe 4.0 GPU is more like an match for your cpu Laugh 
Check these VS results out, but i suggest you sit firmly down before you do  Tongue

Atleast i've got already an decent gpu ready for my next build in 2023 Cool

Yet, considering my cpu is weaker than your rizen it must be an gpu restriction.  iam even able to emulate "some" PS3 games at an "butter butt smooth" Tongue2 60fps in rpcsx3 and @1440p resolution too with my ol fx-xxxx cpu.

Also, you've mentioned some poeple suspect the audio settings causing micro stutter behaviour, and i must confirm that. 
I've had some occasional microstutter myself in some games, untill i started to use Xaudio2 + Async Mix combo Happy   ↔ = Pitch perfect.

You can even hear it ingame if the audio "might" have something to do with frame stutters if you listen carefull Rolleyes .

cheers,
TD

Quote:your gpu is more an match for my cpu, but my PCIe 4.0 GPU is more like an match for your cpu Laugh 
Check these VS results out, but i suggest you sit firmly down before you do  Tongue

Holy S**t!!!, nearly I crapped my pants, BTW your GPU have a devilish advantage over mine (a 666% advantage Laugh ), you must really enjoying the PCSX2 in 4K with that GPU

My GPU have been a real drag to claim my rig as a "supreme PC gamer leader"  Laugh Laugh, and yeah the xaudio2/cubeb + Async Mix combo works fine, but it breaks some syncing in some games, but the thorn in my side is the blipping V-Sync stuttering (I forgot to mention that the microstutter comes together with a lovely audio stuttering too, BTW is less than a millisecond but as full stop), it drive me insane knowing that the game runs fine only if i play it twice (meaning that if I reset the game inside the virtual PS2 runs with no problem, no stuttering and with that yummy, sexy, "butter butt smooth" experience Tongue , even if I put in software render mode is still the same (but it still can be the video card messing up the vertical Sync), maybe I just have to give up (maybe I did), but I would love find out why it happens?, maybe there are some weird precache of shaders/whatdoiknow graphics that cause that micropause and when is finished and stores in ram will run fine when it passes by the same scenes again, the PCSX2 stuttering issue is keeping me awake at night  Wacko Wacko .

Everything you said makes sense to me, and I really want to get rid of that POS that some people wrongly calls a video card LOL, and buy something better (if you haven't noticed I hate my video card with passion), but my rotten body won't allow it (I have some health issues I need to sort it out first), but, with my luck even if I travel forward in time and buy a RTX7090, with a Ryzen 9950x maybe the issue won't go away, maybe, just maybe, the emulator needs to evolve just a little bit more.

Question: how good is PCSX2 running on linux?, is it running better than windows version?, worse?, maybe I'll try to install linux one of these days for testing it, also doing that, I got the chance to show what an obsessive assh**e  I am  Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin .

Being around in this topic is really fun, thank you very much for your replies, and maybe we can involve more obsessive people like me to join the quest for a "butter butt smooth" experience in this great emulator (and of course in other emulators too)

This is fun, thank you again.

Cheers everybody.

Quote:iam even able to emulate "some" PS3 games at an "butter butt smooth" Tongue2 60fps in rpcsx3 and @1440p resolution too with my ol fx-xxxx cpu.
P.S.  You got too many Xs on your CPU model Laugh Laugh Laugh

Sponsored links

(12-14-2022, 06:46 AM)The Darkangel UK Wrote: Holy S**t!!!, nearly I crapped my pants,

Oh dear, that sounds and very likely smells "coyote UGLY" Blush
Although, that ↑ might help you in your quest for the MOST butter →BUTT← smooth ps2 Xperience eva in mens existence Laugh

(12-14-2022, 06:46 AM)The Darkangel UK Wrote: BTW your GPU have a devilish advantage over mine (a 666% advantage Laugh ), you must really enjoying the PCSX2 in 4K with that GPU

nah not 4k , 1440p is equally appealing to 4k i'd say Rolleyes  ..  1440p gaming is a noticable improvement over 1080p for sure. 

Especialy when you have an 1440p monitor..  downscaling to 1080p on an 1440p monitor flatout looks ... dare i say... YEzzzz  Wub "COYOTE-HOT*DIARRHEA-UGLY" Laugh Laugh

And going from 1440p to 4k , isn't an visual improvement in my opinion.

(12-14-2022, 06:46 AM)The Darkangel UK Wrote: yeah the xaudio2/cubeb + Async Mix combo works fine, but it breaks some syncing in some games,

See, perfect match Wub ..  

So, far i have had no A/V sync issues ingame... Provided, you play at 100% speed, not 200% or even 110%  Huh !?? ← THAT , for sure will move some silent lips up side down Tongue  using that combo uhuh Rolleyes

(12-14-2022, 06:46 AM)The Darkangel UK Wrote: but the thorn in my side is the blipping V-Sync stuttering (I forgot to mention that the microstutter comes together with a lovely audio stuttering too, BTW is less than a millisecond but as full stop), it drive me insane knowing that the game runs fine only if i play it twice (meaning that if I reset the game inside the virtual PS2 runs with no problem, no stuttering and with that yummy, sexy, "butter butt smooth" experience [Image: tongue.gif] , even if I put in software render mode is still the same (but it still can be the video card messing up the vertical Sync), maybe I just have to give up (maybe I did), but I would love find out why it happens?, maybe there are some weird precache of shaders/whatdoiknow graphics that cause that micropause and when is finished and stores in ram will run fine when it passes by the same scenes again, the PCSX2 stuttering issue is keeping me awake at night  [Image: wacko.gif] [Image: wacko.gif] .

Question , are you trying to emulate games in 4K using that "gpu" card of yours ?  If not, does this happends in ps2 native resolution too? 
I think you ask too much from that old geezer , realy!!

(12-14-2022, 06:46 AM)The Darkangel UK Wrote: with my luck even if I travel forward in time and buy a RTX7090, with a Ryzen 9950x

Tssk tsssk, not good Closedeyes  .. YOU must travel back in the future and grab atleast an 99950x 3D-V-Cache MINIMUM Rolleyes

(12-14-2022, 06:46 AM)The Darkangel UK Wrote: Question: how good is PCSX2 running on linux?, is it running better than windows version?, worse?, maybe I'll try to install linux one of these days for testing it, also doing that, I got the chance to show what an obsessive assh**e  I am  Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin .

Being around in this topic is really fun, thank you very much for your replies, and maybe we can involve more obsessive people like me to join the quest for a "butter butt smooth" experience in this great emulator (and of course in other emulators too)

This is fun, thank you again.

Cheers everybody.

P.S.  You got too many Xs on your CPU model Laugh Laugh Laugh

No linux factory over here unfortunately Sad  ... Windowzz bells, Windowz bells, windowzzz all the way ... oh, what fun it is to ride ..  Biggrin  ..

(12-14-2022, 06:46 AM)The Darkangel UK Wrote: P.S.  You got too many Xs on your CPU model Laugh Laugh Laugh

Nope, that's pretty much the horsepower i can get out of it  Laugh

Cheer U-up,
TD
(12-14-2022, 03:04 PM)ToiletDuck Wrote:
Quote:Oh dear, that sounds and very likely smells "coyote UGLY" Blush
Although, that ↑ might help you in your quest for the MOST butter →BUTT← smooth ps2 Xperience eva in mens existence Laugh
Yep, LOL

Quote:nah not 4k , 1440p is equally appealing to 4k i'd say Rolleyes  ..  1440p gaming is a noticable improvement over 1080p for sure. 

Especialy when you have an 1440p monitor..  downscaling to 1080p on an 1440p monitor flatout looks ... dare i say... YEzzzz  Wub "COYOTE-HOT*DIARRHEA-UGLY" Laugh Laugh

And going from 1440p to 4k , isn't an visual improvement in my opinion.

Yeah, you right, but would be nice seeing something in 4K in my 80 inches HDR QLED Screen, but the only thing that runs somewhat decent in 4K with my poor excuse of GPU (Did I mention I hate my GPU?) is the desktop, and the bluray-xl movies  Laugh Laugh

Quote:See, perfect match Wub ..  

So, far i have had no A/V sync issues ingame... Provided, you play at 100% speed, not 200% or even 110%  Huh !?? ← THAT , for sure will move some silent lips up side down Tongue  using that combo uhuh Rolleyes

nah, just 100% speed, not weird stuff in that regard, regarding the Synced audio, I know is a whim, but it is the way to go if you want the closest emulation to the 2000's console beast. And it really doesn't explain how the game runs flawlessly in a second run with sync audio and v-sync in place.

Quote:Question , are you trying to emulate games in 4K using that "gpu" card of yours ?  If not, does this happends in ps2 native resolution too? 
I think you ask too much from that old geezer , realy!!
Hahahaha, no, bro, I don't intent to burn my house down pushing that res in my potato card, but, yeah, happens in 1080p, 720p, 480p, 480i, you name it!, even when I put it on Software Mode, putting my 3700x CPU on fire! (Well not really on fire it does not use more than 30% of CPU Power), in every setting you can think of, it happens the same blipping thing, seriously, I think that I'm going to install some linux distro, just for testing the emu, and in that way put my obsession to rest (for now) and finally be able to sleep again  Biggrin Biggrin Laugh Laugh Blink Blink

Quote:Tssk tsssk, not good Closedeyes  .. YOU must travel back in the future and grab atleast an 99950x 3D-V-Cache MINIMUM Rolleyes
I don't think the Human race is going to last that long   Laugh Laugh , and if I were able to pull that stunt, I think I'd end up with the same issue, maybe I'm just that lucky.  Biggrin

Quote:No linux factory over here unfortunately Sad  ... Windowzz bells, Windowz bells, windowzzz all the way ... oh, what fun it is to ride ..  Biggrin  ..
Well, I may ending up being your linux "liaison" then  Biggrin Biggrin , by the way, I don't like windows 10 very much it's too intrusive for my taste, but well, what can I do?, I use it practically for everything, I just wish that I could use my Commodore Amiga for something else than just making music.

Quote:Nope, that's pretty much the horsepower i can get out of it  Laugh
That means that your CPU have endless horsepower potential?  Laugh Laugh Laugh 

Well, maybe I just have to wait the graphene transistor based CPU, and an emulator that emulates transistor level wise, in the meantime I'll keep banging my head against the wall until I solve this haunting and painful mystery.

Quote:Cheer U-up,
TD
I'll try.  Sad Sad

Thank you very much for holding on with this madness of mine, you are very kind, bro, this journey is hard, obstacle ridden, but is fun and maybe we all end up learning something new about this never ending quest of "butter butt smooth" emulation experience  Laugh Laugh

Cheers.
@DarkStalkers ..  To Be Continued .... Laugh Tongue
Desktop Specs:

Mobo: Sabretooth FX990 r2.0
CPU: FX-8350@4700Mhz
RAM: PC15000 / 16GB
GPU: Asus AMD RX6600 / 8GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 pro
(12-15-2022, 07:39 PM)ToiletDuck Wrote: @DarkStalkers ..  To Be Continued .... Laugh Tongue

Hehehe

Quote:ToiletDuck

Desktop Specs:

Mobo: Sabretooth FX990 r2.0
CPU: FX-8350@4700Mhz
RAM: PC15000 / 16GB
GPU: Asus AMD RX6600 / 8GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 pro

Your specs are in par with an PS4 PRO, but with steroids!!  Laugh Laugh

Soon, I'll submit a video, trying to explain for all the crazy s**t that I'm going through with my EMU "Quest"

Cheers

UPDATE: I've just noticed that with Async Mix, stutters almost the same, just the audio is unaffected when it happens. and as always when I reset the PCSX2, the game runs just fine (at least until at the point I've reset)
(12-15-2022, 10:21 PM)The Darkangel UK Wrote: Your specs are in par with an PS4 PRO, but with steroids!!  Laugh Laugh

Soon, I'll submit a video, trying to explain for all the crazy s**t that I'm going through with my EMU "Quest"

Cheers

UPDATE: I've just noticed that with Async Mix, stutters almost the same, just the audio is unaffected when it happens. and as always when I reset the PCSX2, the game runs just fine (at least until at the point I've reset)

Well, the fx-XXXX  Tongue Vishera cpu wos the best cpu one could buy for the am3+ socket back then Rolleyes .  With the exception of the FX-9590 Unsure !! 

But the FX-9590 REALY was an fire hazard , i kid you not  Huh !! 
The amount of heat that this power hungry hot potato released alone, you could set an whole city block into flames  Blink

Iam looking forward to see an preview of your never ending quest for smooth buttery butter butt naked gameplay Laugh 

cheers,
TD-xxxx
Desktop Specs:

Mobo: Sabretooth FX990 r2.0
CPU: FX-8350@4700Mhz
RAM: PC15000 / 16GB
GPU: Asus AMD RX6600 / 8GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 pro