Midnight Club 3 Perfomance issues!
(04-30-2017, 02:15 AM)refraction Wrote: OK Thanks, what HW hacks have you got enabled?

Nothing yet.

Sponsored links

Ok first thing to do, go in to Emulator Settings and then Speedhacks and try the MTVU hack, that might help, not 100% sure if it works with that game, but hopefully it does!

You will need to turn the presets off if you do, so make sure it's no higher than "safe(faster)" before you turn it off.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-30-2017, 02:23 AM)refraction Wrote: Ok first thing to do, go in to Emulator Settings and then Speedhacks and try the MTVU hack, that might help, not 100% sure if it works with that game, but hopefully it does!

You will need to turn the presets off if you do, so make sure it's no higher than "safe(faster)" before you turn it off.

So i did the speed hack and activated the MTVU hack, its a little better but still the sound and the game is kinda slow. The game runs slow when i pass through areas more detailed and smooth when i don't.
Yes the sound will be slow when your FPS is slow as it tries to stretch to the speed your game runs at. You might relieve some performance by going in to spu2-x and turning off Timestretch and making sure you are in Async mix, but it might make the sound skip if your FPS is bad.

(04-30-2017, 02:41 AM)Redy777 Wrote: So i did the speed hack and activated the MTVU hack, its a little better but still the sound and the game is kinda slow. The game runs slow when i pass through areas more detailed and smooth when i don't.
I forgot to tell, when i start to accelerate the car the game freezes for like 1 second and then the fps drops.
Hmm, not sure, all I can recommend is making sure all the speedhack boxes are ticked apart from fast cdvd, maybe move the EE Slider to the left one or 2 notches and maybe the VU slider up 1.

To get a bit more insight in to where you are struggling, can you tell me the EE, VU and GS % values when you're running the game

(04-30-2017, 03:18 AM)refraction Wrote: Hmm, not sure, all I can recommend is making sure all the speedhack boxes are ticked apart from fast cdvd, maybe move the EE Slider to the left one or 2 notches and maybe the VU slider up 1.

To get a bit more insight in to where you are struggling, can you tell me the EE, VU and GS % values when you're running the game

The EE is about 40~100%, while the GS almost never drops from 100% and the VU are about 39%.
Ok then your gpu might be struggling, try changing to direct3D11 hardware and see if that performs any better

You could also click on the advanced settings next to hw hacks (make sure the box is ticked first) and try skipdraw values from 1-10 to see if any help.

Also try the disable fast invalidation hw hack

(04-30-2017, 03:37 AM)refraction Wrote: Ok then your gpu might be struggling, try changing to direct3D11 hardware and see if that performs any better

You could also click on the advanced settings next to hw hacks (make sure the box is ticked first) and try skipdraw values from 1-10 to see if any help.

Also try the disable fast invalidation hw hack

Fast invalidation wasn't activated, and i also changed to Direct3D11 and skipdraw from 1~10 and still lagging the game and the audio.
(04-30-2017, 04:15 AM)Redy777 Wrote: Fast invalidation wasn't activated, and i also changed to Direct3D11 and skipdraw from 1~10 and still lagging the game and the audio.

I fixed the audio but the game is still lagging the GS is still high.