Min System Reqs. for FFX
(09-21-2009, 02:10 AM)bbkdude Wrote: Also, is there any way to clean up the crazy lines that appear in the menu and battle screens?
[Image: ffxlines.jpg]

a) Run the game in software renderer.
b) Run the game in hw renderer, but tick the native resolution box.
c) Figure out how to properly bilinear filter these alpha textures, and fix it!

Tongue2

Sponsored links

Any idea how to go about doing Option C there, rama?
You can use the latest GSDx and use the offset option... but you have to manually adjust it for each game through an ini file. Not very intuitive yet.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Hah! If i knew how to do this, it'd long be fixed Tongue2
I have a few ideas, but we have a lot of more important work currently..
Alright, I guess I'll wait for a fix or better working method. I've run into a new problem now...

Everything is working perfectly, and the game runs just fine, but it hangs after the part where Yuna performs the sending for the dead in Kilika after an attack from Sin. I hear the "sleep" music and then the screen stays black and then a cycle of water waves continues forever. The Advanced options say to maybe change the Round Mode under the EE settings, but I've tried that and haven't had any luck. Any suggestions you can offer?
Try setting the clamp modes in "config > advanced" to extra or try the beta.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I've tried setting all the "Config > Advanced" settings to Extra and changing the Round Modes and messed with graphics settings....still nothing to get past that part. I'm trying to mess with the Sound Settings now. Maybe that'll work.

If nothing works, is it possible to upload my memory card with the save just before Yuna's Sending FMV? Maybe one of you guys can get past that part?

Oh, and I am using the beta version PCSX2 beta r1736 with GSdx 1650 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15 graphics plugin if those matter.
Oh yeah, think the advanced settings only work with the 0.9.6 stable and without using savestates.
So I should try running that part of the game on the 0.9.6 version 'til I get past that part? And I can just Copy/Paste my Memcard from the beta to the stable, right?

Edit: Well, I'll be darned. You, Shadow Lady, sure are an Advanced Newbie. Tongue Many, many thanks.
I ran that part of the game on the stable version and it got through it just fine. Since the beta version runs FFX far better than the stable version, and should this issue come up again, could we try and figure out why the hang up occurs?

Is it because of a Graphical issue or something? I think that's the only setting I changed. And if so, can I copy the GSdx 850 (I think that's the version of it) to my beta version plugins folder? I don't know, just trying to get a handle on fixing issues.
Sure, I have my beta on the same folder as the 0.9.6 even so I can use all same plugins just in case, however no it's not a GSdx problem as far as I know.