Min System Reqs. for FFX
Well, I've tried looking at sufficient system requirements and any ways to help my issue, but I haven't really found anything helpful. So I figure it's best to post my issue and maybe we can find one.

I'll list my comp specs 1st, as I don't think (I hope it's not) the issue:

Windows XP
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 6000+
3.00GHz , 3GB of Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
DirectX 9.0c

Here are my PCSX2 settings (sorry for the big image, but the previous image was way too small):
[Image: video2tv.jpg]

Is there anything I can do or change outside of computer upgrades to get FFX running at close to 100%? For the most part, when there's not a lot of stuff going on on screen, it runs close to 100%, game start ups and saving run at like 250% (which is fine). But anything that has something involved on screen, it slows down to around 60-75%.

Let me know if you need any other information from me?

And the FFX game is the Int'l version, if that matters.

Thanks,

bbkdude

Sponsored links

I have a similar system to yours except I run under Windows 7 and I don't get any slow down at all in FFX. It's one of the "easiest" to run full speed 3d games.

What (if any) do you have setup for speed hacks? Also you should update to the latest beta (1736) from the forum or download page as it's noticabley faster.
[Image: 2748844.png]
As Koji said:
- Get the latest beta of pcsx2 and GSdx
- Install win7 / win Vista and use the dx10 capabilities of your pc. Faster and better looking Smile
(09-20-2009, 07:17 AM)Koji Wrote: I have a similar system to yours except I run under Windows 7 and I don't get any slow down at all in FFX. It's one of the "easiest" to run full speed 3d games.

What (if any) do you have setup for speed hacks? Also you should update to the latest beta (1736) from the forum or download page as it's noticabley faster.

I don't have Windows Vista or 7, and I don't know if I would really wanna get it. Wouldn't I have to pay for those OSes?

Also, I don't have any speed hacks. But, I will get the latest PCSX2 and GSdx updates and see how those work out.
This may sound stupid, but do I need Windows 7/Vista for the latest versions of PCSX2 and GSdx? I got them but I'm getting all sorts of missing .dll errors left, right, and center. I got the latest directX and C++ versions and I used the pcsx2 r1888 installer with plugins.
bbkdude: Go into the speedhacks menu for PCSX2 and enable 2.0x EE cycle sync hack as well as the Idle Loop Fast Forward in the latest beta of PCSX2 and you should see a noticable difference.

Windows 7 release candidate is free to use till June of 2010, search microsoft's website if you're interested in it.

(edit) missed your reply. No, you should only have to be up to date with directX. If you're missing DLLs, try this http://pcsx2.dyndns.org/vc10/vcredist_x86.exe
[Image: 2748844.png]
Also make sure you update your directx http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-20-2009, 11:26 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Also make sure you update your directx http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
I did do that as well. Is there a difference between the 9.0c I have a while ago and the 9.0c they have now? Either way, that's out of the way.

Oh whoops, I missed your reply Koji.
Anyways, I guess I got it working. So far. The r1888 revision was giving me all sorts of errors, but I found the r1736 revision you suggested and I have that installed and reconfigured the way I had it on the 0.9.6 release. The error I was getting was an MSVCP100.dll. I think that's a reference to the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable program, but I don't get that error anymore. And best of all.....

I'm running at 100% on a screen where I got 76% with the 0.9.6 version. Only thing now is, can I not run in Windowed Mode? I don't see it in the list of Screen Sizes like 0.9.6 had?
The error I was getting was an MSVCP100.dll <-- that's the link koji pointed to you then.

Windowed mode is an option now in the GSdx settings window, bottom right.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-21-2009, 12:39 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: The error I was getting was an MSVCP100.dll <-- that's the link koji pointed to you then.

Windowed mode is an option now in the GSdx settings window, bottom right.
Oh wow, don't I feel stupid. Yup, right there, checked off is the Windowed Option. Haha.

One last thing, can I use my PS2 Controller somehow as the controller for PCSX2? I have a converter that takes a PS1/2 Controller or Memory Card and plugs into the USB slot in my PS3. Any way to hook that USB side into my computer or anything and configure the Controller in PCSX2 to acknowledge it?

Also, is there any way to clean up the crazy lines that appear in the menu and battle screens?
[Image: ffxlines.jpg]