Minimum Requirements - The Future
I get that you're trying to limit it down to a specific hardware support for tech.. then state that plainly.. Just say avx2 must be supported.. But in all reality, what is the difference in performance.

Every one of those version checks are done at start.. They probably have little impact, if any on the game performance. It takes 3 seconds on my less than spectacular processor here to fire up the emu and get ready to play.. Not blazing fast.. but not exactly intolerable either.

AS for os.. honestly I'd say whatever MS currently supports would be a good baseline (which is basically what they've done). I feel too many systems are too capable of running pcsx2 even if they dont support the newest cpu extensions..

You're compiling from scratch.. go ahead and compile both (with and without the version checks).. do a speed test between the two.. see if there is a measureable difference or if its a difference without a distinction. I'd be interested in the results.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case

Sponsored links

(06-28-2019, 03:12 AM)scythefwd Wrote: I get that you're trying to limit it down to a specific hardware support for tech.. then state that plainly.. Just say avx2 must be supported.. But in all reality, what is the difference in performance.

Every one of those version checks are done at start.. They probably have little impact, if any on the game performance.  It takes 3 seconds on my less than spectacular processor here to fire up the emu and get ready to play.. Not blazing fast.. but not exactly intolerable either.

AS for os.. honestly I'd say whatever MS currently supports would be a good baseline (which is basically what they've done).  I feel too many systems are too capable of running pcsx2 even if they dont support the newest cpu extensions..

You're compiling from scratch.. go ahead and compile both (with and without the version checks).. do a speed test between the two.. see if there is a measureable difference or if its a difference without a distinction.  I'd be interested in the results.
they are still supporting Vista when Microsoft's support ended on April 11, 2017. And while Windows 7 is still supported it's support Ends January 14, 2020 which is about 6.5 months from now
That doesnt stop us from recommending only the newer os.. have you had any chance to run the system with all the version checks out vs the build bot ones yet? Gettig rid of the checks doesnt guarantee that itll perform any better...
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
Honestly I have no problem dropping Vista.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

I like to play graphic as quality "ultra" what system parameters do I need?)
It depends on the games you want to play and your screen size.
On PC games if you screen is not very big,"Ultra" is almost pointless...you will barely see any graphical difference but you will need to spend a lot of money on a powerful hardware to keep the fps at nice speed.
Speaking of ultra, there is a hidden power plan called "Ultra Performance". If you can't spot the plan, run this command as admin: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02 It only works in Windows 10 v1803+.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
My 5 3570k nets about 2306-2309 STP via passmark which is plenty even tho its missing AVX2. and part of the reason I run Passmark myself on my systems so I can get the actual readings for my particular setup so I can know how it will perform next to each other.