Minimum spec for a stable 60fps at 480p
(10-21-2014, 09:37 PM)dekadeka Wrote: The only demanding games will be Tekken 4, Tag and 5 but I suppose I can play them on my real hardware, it was more for savestates in rpgs like Suikoden 3 4 5, Tales Of series, Wild Arms series, Parappa games, Onimusha 2(I can play 1 and 3 on PC) Dragon Quest 8.

In essence games that werent re released on PS3 in HD versions since I have a PS3 to play them with.

Technically if I was also desperate I can just make some rips from my originals to run off my modded ps3 its just almost all rpgs I want to play.

That being said I may try some platformers like Jax Or Sly series but again can play them on real hardware, its just games where a a mistake can cost a lot of backtracking I want it for.

Oh maybe RE Code Veronica though I have PS3 version.

I dont mind paying £100 for a cpu, and rather have one that isnt under strain, I currently have a Pentium G series in bedroom which runs very cool(8 degrees cooler than my watercooled i7 even on idle) but notice cpu usage is a little bad even if theres no real slowdown i.e it says 18% just for firefox.

As long as I can get a motherboard under £40 I am fine, I have quite a few old matx cases here. etc

For 100£ you can get a good CPU that won't strain much. I'm not terribly "up" on Intel hardware, but you should be able to get a decent i5 or a very good i3 for that. Something like an i5 4440 maybe. Nobbs has that, and it runs almost all PCSX2 games very well.

However, of what you listed, the G3258 should handle them. Especially JRPGS. It will be fine. PCSX2 cares more about single threaded performance than anything, and that little beast has tons.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(10-21-2014, 09:47 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: you should be able to get a decent i5 or a very good i3 for that.

Please note, an i5 will be a lot better with MTVU than an i3, so consider that on purchase if you are split between these.
In the end I have bought a 4770k but may end up using that one for the bedroom pc and use the board and cpu currently in there for emulation I know its a G3 something pentium that I bought around the start of this year that way I can use the pentium one for guests when they come round for general usage or if I want to sit in there on a nice day as a nicer room than my bedroom.

Only thing I need to do now is find my fan for my spare heatsink as I have a good one that I packed away when I moved and put fan in a different box lol.