Minor glitch with Kingdom Hearts 2 (advice much appreciated)
Thanks in advance for anyone who offers some assistance, if there is any to be given, I realize some games aren't fully playable without flaws at this point, but who knows, I may get lucky!

So, I just beat Kingdom Hearts 1 with no problems whatsoever, my computer is pretty solid as far as its hardware is concerned, and I just started Kingdom Hearts 2. I don't have any lag in the game, everything's perfectly smooth, it's just that I get these black area's that randomly appear on the floor. I can eliminate this problem by switching from directx 10 - hardware to directx 9 - hardware, however with directx 9, it's more choppy and certain things like character sprites / background material kind of partially disappear / reappear or just get sketchy.

I've tried switching between all of the different graphical settings, (all three Gsdx 890 settings as well as ZeroGS, the newest / default one works the best of course). Also I've tried switching between all of the directx modes, and the two I previously mentioned are the only ones that work properly with satisfactory results.

I've provided two screenshots below, perhaps they can be of any assistance in helping diagnose the problem?

Thanks a bunch!

Directx 10 - Hardware

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc177...rdware.png

Directx 9 - Hardware (This one you don't see as much unless you're moving, you can see in the back where the billboard is partially cut what's happening here)

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc177...rdware.png

Sponsored links

settings pcsx2?
wich version are you using?
pc specs?
In DX9 is logarithmic z problem...if enabled,it fix some things but brakes other and if disabled,it fix the things it brakes when enabled but brake the things it fix when enabled.

DX10 should be fixing this problem but since I have no way to use DX10,I can't check what's wrong
Hmm, it would appear that I was using 0.9.6 instead of the 0.9.8, and I believe upgrading versions did solve the issues.

Sorry for inconveniencing you all, for some reason I always figure out my problem after I write a thread thinking about it aha.

Thanks again, at the very least for being a wall to bounce my thoughts off of!

//Krim
Shift your gear to more latest version, 1.0.0 Laugh
(08-10-2012, 02:27 AM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: Shift your gear to more latest version, 1.0.0 Laugh

Damnit, I didn't even notice that one, and now I'll have to restart my game / reset all of my controls again!

You know Queenie, I have this love / hate relationship going on with you right now!

Aha, thanks for the information!
(08-10-2012, 02:44 AM)Krim Leingod Wrote: I'll have to restart my game

No need, just transfer your old memcards to new PCSX2...
use latest pcsx2 SVN builds
(08-10-2012, 02:15 AM)Krim Leingod Wrote: Sorry for inconveniencing you all, for some reason I always figure out my problem after I write a thread thinking about it aha.

Same here...I may search for something a lot of time but once I post somewhere,I almost always find what I'm searching for sometimes even before the first reply Biggrin