Miserable speeds on Persona 4
Hello, I'm trying to make PCSX2 to run Persona 4, and currently things aren't really going that well. According to stickies here, I should be able to run games on at least somewhat good speeds.
My specs are:
Vista 32bit
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz
GeForce 9500 graphics card
4Gb of ram

Even so, after following the config guide and using the playground version, I just get horrible framerates. More specifically, less than 40 FPS on opening movie, less than 20 FPS on tittle screen(sometimes less than 10) and it remains similar in the game.
Here are the configures and speed-hacks I'm using.
[Image: 84760228my1.jpg] [Image: 80432108tt1.jpg]
[Image: speedub5.jpg]
There's also the problem of some graphic bugs, but first I'd like to know if it's possible to get the FPS to stay at around 50.
Do I understand something horribly wrong, or is my computer just bad for this kind of stuff?

Sponsored links

Software rendering? It should be so slow, as you could impress. Why don't use hardware rendering or ZeroGS?
Ah, runs bit better now. Intro is fine, and tittle screen is at around 30 FPS, like the game itself.
Via:
Go to advanced and change the VUrec to use flush to zero and denormals are zero.
The game will double in speed Wink
Thanks, it's a lot better now(the default speed is at 60 FPS), only few problems remain. When using ZeroGS on following settings, there's slowdown every time somebody talks:
[Image: settingsagainio4.jpg]

On the other hand, running it on GSDx gives much smaller slowdown during speeches. Maybe it has something to do with playing undub version, or is 50 FPS when somebody talks best I should settle for?
(01-25-2009, 12:54 AM)Via Wrote: Maybe it has something to do with playing undub version, or is 50 FPS when somebody talks best I should settle for?

You just killed your own topic. Inb4closed.
My specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 3.2 Ghz
GF9800GTX 512mb
DDR II 4GB ram
XP

Persona 4 goes 30fps or 100...what kind of settings needed for 60fps?)