Missing DLL file, api-ms-win-crt...
I have a Similar problem, with PCSX2 1.4.0. I get the error: (in simpler terms, can't remember the exact wording) "PCSX2 Cannot start because api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0dll is missing from your computer." I've tried redownloading PCSX2, reinstalling Visual C++ 2015 (both the x86 and the x64 versions) and I've tried about a hundred various "fixes" none of which helped in the slightest. I'm running windows 8.1, which I recently reinstalled instead of windows 10. a few days ago, I had to refresh my PC because an update failed, and thusly, had to reinstall everything I had, including PCSX2, which was working flawlessly before. any help will be very appreciated. thanks!

Sponsored links

Pay close attention to those vcredist installs because when they fail to install it is not readily apparent if your not paying attention.
(08-06-2016, 11:42 PM)ryanboyl Wrote: Pay close attention to those vcredist installs because when they fail to install it is not readily apparent if your not paying attention.
both the vcredist installs say they finished installing. I sat and watched both of them multiple times, even tried repairing them a few times. I read somewhere that PCSX2 1.4.0 needs a certain windows 8.1 update, but I'm unsure as to the legitimacy of that claim, and my PC has never been updated, because Microsoft Loooooves to F*k up PC's with their updates.
(08-10-2016, 05:35 PM)darthlink9 Wrote: both the vcredist installs say they finished installing. I sat and watched both of them multiple times, even tried repairing them a few times. I read somewhere that PCSX2 1.4.0 needs a certain windows 8.1 update, but I'm unsure as to the legitimacy of that claim, and my PC has never been updated, because Microsoft Loooooves to F*k up PC's with their updates.

That makes you a unique kind of special. Fix your OS before you come and tell us something doesn't work Tongue
Desktop:
Ryzen 7 5800X | MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R | MSI X570 unify | 32GB DDR4@3600 MHz (14-14-14-34) | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
1TB + 2TB WD Black SN770 | Windows 11 Pro x64
(08-10-2016, 07:47 PM)Carsomyr Wrote: That makes you a unique kind of special. Fix your OS before you come and tell us something doesn't work Tongue

can't fix a brick. the last few times I've done ANY kind of windows updates, I've to DBAN and clean install, because my sh*tty internet caps out at about 15KB/s thus leading to corruption.... and why don't you fix your attitude? just because I don't know why something isn't working when it was working well before doesn't mean anything was my fault. besides, you never know what someone's either going through or been through. be nice, or be silent.
we'll be silent, then.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go