Missing d3dx11_42.dll?
PCSX2 complains about not finding d3dx11_42.dll when going into Configure the first time in a PCSX2 session. I click ok, and then it takes me to the Configure window. Usually any time after that, I don't get the message.

My graphics card is at the latest version, and I have a DX10 hack for Windows XP. Other games such as Farcry 2, Borderlands, and Crysis don't ask for such a file. Afterwords the game(currently Okami) doesn't have any problems.

So I'm thinking it may be the DX10 hack(I can't use the DX10 gxDX for example) or that I'm using the latest public beta. Your thoughts?

Sponsored links

I wouldn't bother with DX10 in XP. It's pretty pointless and buggy. You are using DX9 Hardware mode right? Not DX11 or DX10?

Update DirectX using the web installer or download the August 2009 Redist (google them).
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
How exactly can I update from my supposed DX10 to DX9? Are you sure that would work?
All DirectX versions are installed side-by-side. You will have DX9 and DX10 components. The update will just add the relevant files.

Unless the DX10 XP hack does something funky...
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Alright thanks, I'll try that.
The file it's asking for is actually DX11 based... Are you trying to use DX11 mode of gsdx? If so... don't. It's not a useful mode yet even if you have DX11 hardware. It's got zero enhancements over DX10 mode and is very unstable at this point.
[Image: 2748844.png]
The D3D11 file is needed for the plugin to run without problems anyway (or just messages in this case with XP Tongue).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
you can get all the .dll files asked for (d3dx9_41.dll , d3dx9_42.dll , d3dx10_42.dll , d3dx11_42.dll) from http://www.dll-files.com
they are great and probly have every .dll file you will ever need, hope this helps you guys.

p.s its not just xp, im running the 64bit version of windows 7 with a directx10.1 capable graphics card (ATI radeon hd4200, 256mb dedicated, directx11 installed :L (which seems totally pointless to me) 4 gigs of ram, amd turion2 dual core (equivilent of an intel dual core2 processor) at 2.2ghz a core, and i am still having huge problems with pcsx2, even with such a powerful laptop Sad if anyone can help me get the fps above 3, somewhere nearer to 60 i would apprieciate it alot.
(11-14-2009, 01:22 AM)PuN1sH3R Wrote: PCSX2 complains about not finding d3dx11_42.dll when going into Configure the first time in a PCSX2 session. I click ok, and then it takes me to the Configure window. Usually any time after that, I don't get the message.

hi,

You can go to this site "fix-all-dll-errors.com"
This will solve your dll file problem. as I registered few dll's from this site as it is free...worked in my case. Smile
I is not me but I use Windows 7 and more stable in dx11 for pcsx2
especially for Battlefield Bad Company 2
i5 750 4.3 ghz
noctua nh-d14
toxic 5850 x 2
asus sabertooth
2x2 gb ddr3 g-skill pc 12800
corsair 650 tx
seagate 1 tb raid 0