Missing textures
I recently started playing Tales of the Abyss and the game seems to be missing some textures at random parts throughout the game. Usually, Luke's textures(his whole body) are missing. Sometimes, at the end of a battle and randomly during a battle, Tear's textures are missing and all you see is her weapon. Also, on the world map, sometimes the monsters and Luke's textures are missing and all you see is their shadows. Other than this small issue, the game runs almost flawlessly. It's just annoying. Here is a screenshot of the issue:

[Image: tota.jpg]

I haven't even touched the graphics plugin. I'm using a few speedhacks and I messed around with the sound plugin a bit, but when I put everything back to normal, the issue was still occuring.

Sponsored links

Looks like no one decided to help you out, so I'll take a bite. It'd be nice to know what version of PCSX2 you're using and your computer specifications. I'm assuming your using the NTSC version of the game, not the Japanese one.

I'll tell you now though, since I'm currently playing the game myself, there are some issues regardless of the settings you use, but depending on the settings you stick with, the issues change.
GSdx does render graphics, but doesn't mean all graphic glitches are caused by it;p, VU and related to it hacks can easily break vector graphics so you might try turning them off and reloading from normal save. Also messing with clamping and/or rounding modes of both EE/VU's can also affect what data goes into graphic plugin, if you changed those it might be the cause of your problem, on the other side if you didn't, you can try changing those as they might actually fix your problem;p.
Didn't played TOA from like at least a year, but don't remember having any problems with it except ocassional postprocessing offset easily fixable by refreshing plugin and surely I never saw anything as on your screenshot.:| If nothing helps it might had been broken @_@.
How about software mode(f9)?
If issue still persist try mess with ee and vu clamping or round
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
I'm afraid you two are wrong, the game has issues regardless of how the EE and VU's are meant to interpret numbers or how it should be clamping, it's just the games' fault. Only reason I asked him what PCSX2 version he's running is because as of 5725, I don't get missing bodies or textures. Computer Specifications are always needed, he could be running an Intel integrated GPU and that alone could be causing him problems.
(09-23-2013, 06:39 PM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: I'm afraid you two are wrong, the game has issues regardless of how the EE and VU's are meant to interpret numbers or how it should be clamping, it's just the games' fault. Only reason I asked him what PCSX2 version he's running is because as of 5725, I don't get missing bodies or textures. Computer Specifications are always needed, he could be running an Intel integrated GPU and that alone could be causing him problems.

Really? Having completely played through the game to completion, I never once had this issue with Tales of the Abyss, though admittedly it's been probably close to 2 years since I last did so.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Yeah there are some odd issues, for instance, if you only use the Alpha hack for shadows, and MTVU for the extra speed, every time there is a skit, the bloom filter gets offset to the upper left of all objects/things/people in the game when you're in a city, easy fix is to toggle software mode and then go back to hardware mode, also some of the graphical elements are misaligned, like light fixtures or the broken glass animation when you start combat, all misaligned regardless of the toggling.

A member on NeoGaf found a potential fix, but requires you to run at 6x native for the TC Offset to be aligned perfectly, but even that has the occasional bloom that gets misaligned from the game-bug and that one can't be fixed unless you save and re-start PCSX2.

Then there is the SkipDraw 1 hardware hack which disables the bloom filter entirely, but reduces the games brightness to half. Using ShadeBoost and turning the brightness to 100 fixes all graphical issues and brightness, makes the game sharper because the bloom filter isn't being rendered in the game, but, and it's a big big but, all skits and FMV's are at double brightness. Fortunately there aren't many FMV's in the game, and you should be able to turn Shade Boost off if you want to watch them. Skits on the other hand happen so often that it's best just to read the overly white subtitles with the Shade Boost on.

If you had the game running perfectly way back when, I'd love to know if you can load up a save, play the game for an hour and see if you get issues or not. As of now, the wiki recommends the Skip Draw hack or an offset hack, but like I said, all have their faults. At least, from what I could gather. I'd love to be wrong so I can play the game all up-rezzed (looks wonderful at 4-6x Native) without any issues, but that's unlikely.
*sigh*=_=;
@Bigbenn01:
Proving the game is broken or that your way of playing it is best? Just because our experience playing on older versions differs than yours doesn't mean we are wrong, the game is RPG, that's not something to play each and every day and check every fresh svn commit with so if anything new broken it more it could easily pass without being noticed. I even remember shortly after I finished playing through this game Kross X even made a custom fix especially for this game's problem which supposedly fixed it totally, but it had little interest since it was a hack and also the problem was really rare and easily fixable back then and didn't required any extra hacks at all(except for the main menu, but who cares, main menu in TOA is pretty generic anyway).

Anyway all of your long post now has nothing to do with the OP problem which is clearly seen on screenshot and no, the game isn't "just broken". Seriously your only valid point in this thread that actually was pointing the OP problem was mentioning intel graphics as it does have problems with some games and could be the case, but since nobody knew all games that have problems with intel graphics checking other settings should go first before telling him to go away and buy a dedicated gpu so no, asking about hardware is not a priority. It is pretty much only when problem is alread confirmed to be caused by it or speed related. There are quite a few graphic breaking options in pcsx2 core which people commonly turn on either from reading guides or simply not noticing extra warnings in descriptions. Even if he would use intel graphics sending him off without checking other stuff would question support section existence, if that would be the case we could as well just tell everyone to gtfo unless they own Haswell CPU @5ghz+ and Titan GPU since literally everything else might potentially cause problems fixable by getting different hardware.>.>

Your list of issues clearly doesn't apply to op in any way, either code yourself a hack to disable your awful brightness solution on fmv's, search KrossX solution in GSdx thread X years in the back which I mentioned earlier, spam in offtop section or whatever, just don't confuse people who seek help by trying to steal the thread with some unrelated offtop.
You sound like a massive ***** with a petty attempt to bash me for any sort of post I made. I've been using one of the latest SVN builds of PCSX2 and as such, the game has graphical issues, regardless of what you do. Now, if there are any external hacks, such as the KrossX one, than someone should go post that in the Wiki or in the compatibility posts on the forum to let us know, otherwise others and myself have to rely on what we can find.

Your equally long post does absolutely nothing to help the OP and his issue, and I never told the dude to go buy a better GPU, I was making an assumption that he may be running on an Intel integrated GPU since they are generally worse at rendering things correctly, PC or Emulation game regardless. Knowing his hardware and PCSX2 version is without a doubt, a priority to help him out, followed by his PCSX2 settings. If you think those aren't worth knowing, you must be new to technical diagnosis and help, get real. I never sent him off, I was asking a question "It'd be nice to know what version of PCSX2 you're using and your computer specifications". Literally I want to help him and anyone else would ask the same questions.

Also, I wrote the long post to Koji, since he supposedly played the game perfectly, I'd love to know how I could recreate the settings myself and test it. As of now, without spending hours on google, the game has issues, regardless of settings. Hell checking the KrossX patch for the game, Bositman himself had some issues with the game/patch-hack.

I'm not promoting my way of playing the game, I'm just telling him the pro's and con's to each settings. I posted my own thread a week ago about this game titled "I was wondering...", not one person told me to try the KrossX patch, or anything. If you're in a ***** mood go take it out on yourself, not me.

I've tried countless ways to have the game running flawlessly in hardware mode, I'll tell your right now, scaling the game in anyway will introduce issues. The desert oasis error has an issue that is caused solely by up scaling, good luck telling me that an issue like that could be fixed.

Watching and reading the Youtube post of this game, even they had issues with this game, so chill out and relax, I'm here to help the dude.
(09-23-2013, 11:41 PM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: You sound like a massive ***** with a petty attempt to bash me for any sort of post I made.

*skip a bit*

If you're in a ***** mood go take it out on yourself, not me.

Have a warning for flaming. There was no reason to react like that, he merely contradicted what you had said, he didn't insult you or anything. So please, watch your tone.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]