Momentarily Slowdown Issues
Bug 
hey i just wanna ask about this slowdown probz datz im facing on my lappy..
whatever game i play the emu speed will slow to 20-30 fps..
after a few while the emu speed will come back to working speed like 50-60fps..
i just wanna ask why is this problem exist when i use pcsx2 on my laptop..
when using it on my pc the slowdown problems don't arise..Blink

doesn't matter if im using the official release of the beta version the problem still the same..
and for every game..
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.

Sponsored links

Check your process list. Maybe you'll find a process that takes all your CPU resources Tongue2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i've try wat u said and it seems dat pcsx2 use about 50% usage..
the other process is called system idle process that takes about 25-40%..
so basicly the cpu usage when i used this emu is about 90%..

System idle is kinda like the "free cpu" counter it doesnt matter really, try disabling any kind of power saving software/feature and enabling the performance profile on your control panel > power options thing... its probable the graphics card is just being too slow as well.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Are you sure it's not just the fact that different scenes/parts of games place different levels of stress and require different amounts of power to run? Eg. you could go from a scene which only involves 2D rendering to complete 3D rendering or something, and that would significantly drop your FPS. Just because you can run a game at 60FPS in one particular section, doesn't mean that you will be able to run the whole game at 60FPS.

And System Idle Process is just:
100% - ( total CPU usage )
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
i think i doesn't have nothing to do with the rendering stuff..
coz the slowdown occurs randomly..
even when i playing disgaea 2 the slowdown occurs yet the game use 2d rendering..correct me if im wrong..
like final fantasy x during the fmv slowdown sometimes occur..
like when 1st time viewing the fmv slowdown doesn't occur but the 2nd or the 3rd time the slowdown will occur..
i dunno how to fix this thing..
kinda ruining the battle scene though..
and Shadow Lady i've checked the graphics the memory used just 32mb out of 256mb..

Oh, you didn't mention what graphics card you have. If it's onboard/integrated graphics, that's probably your problem. Integrated graphics perform very poorly compared to mainstream graphics cards, and are certainly not for gaming.

Graphics card memory does not correlate with performance. The higher the resolution, the more memory the graphics card uses to load textures etc. A weak graphics card with 1GB of memory will still perform horribly compared to a stronger graphics card with 256MB of memory.

In fact, a card with 1GB memory and an identical card with 256MB memory would perform more or less equally at lower resolutions.
owh like dat ar....
i see..
but kinda curious how to increase the memory usage??
itz like always 32mb..
already mention it in my signature
i thought the slowdown is because of overheating or cache thingy..
im not quiet sure though watz the coz of this....
sometimes the slowdown cause the emu to freeze..
datz the worst case scenario when playing persona 4 which the save point are like far away..
and ffx too..

Your sig doesn't specify a graphics card, integrated or dedicated. The chipset is not the graphics card.

As for increasing memory usage, there's no reason to do so. It will only use as much memory as it needs, and if it doesn't need to use more memory, why attempt to force it to use more? And what exactly are you using to measure graphics card memory usage? It might be inaccurate if it stays at a constant figure.

For overheating worries, download CoreTemp and run that. Play PCSX2 for a while and note the temperature. If it exceeds 70-80 degrees, you might want to either elevate the laptop to increase airflow, or invest in a laptop cooler.
owh i see..
its a laptop so definitely its integrated card..
well downloading CoreTemp and it stays at 50-55 degrees..
so i dont think my laptop is overheating or am i wrong?