Momentarily Slowdown Issues
(09-29-2009, 11:33 AM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: owh i see..
its a laptop so definitely its integrated card..
well downloading CoreTemp and it stays at 50-55 degrees..
so i dont think my laptop is overheating or am i wrong?

Laptops don't all have integrated cards, but yours probably does. If 50-55 is the highest you get while playing, you should be fine in the temperature department.

You could try experimenting with speed hacks to see if you can wring out a few more FPS, but an integrated graphics card is not powerful enough to run most PCSX2 games.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]

Sponsored links

got dat right..
try all the speedhack already..
the fastest can go while playing ffx is like 70 fps..
average i can say about 40fps..
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
(09-29-2009, 12:13 PM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: got dat right..
try all the speedhack already..
the fastest can go while playing ffx is like 70 fps..
average i can say about 40fps..

Then there isn't much more you can do, especially since you most likely won't be able to add in a dedicated graphics card.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
yeah ur right..
but kinda piss off with the momentarily slowdown..
all just fine xcept the random slowdown..

Hi all, I am new to this forum. First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who put work in PCSX2, since it's a job well done so far.
I'm simply astounded that there is (really) only 1 PS2 emulator, but it's so good regardless! The story for PSX was different, development is still going on in that branch and it has produced so many fine programs in parallel development processes. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the difference in complexity of the 2 problems.

Ok, getting to the point, I am having the exact same problem as the author of this thread. I will give a more detailed description, though.

================
The problem: at ANY given moment (including browsing 2D menus) in ANY given game, the frame rate is X FPS. After a given amount of time, it will be approximately 2 * X FPS, IE the speed will be doubled. After a short while, the frame-rate will return to it's original value of X FPS.
For example, right now, I am viewing the Options menu in GT4. Most of the time, the frame-rate is ~100 FPS. After 20 seconds, however, it will increase to ~230 FPS and remain like that for 10 seconds before reverting back to ~100 FPS.
In the menus, clearly that can't be a problem, simply limiting the frame-rate will stabilize it at 50 FPS (PAL). However, one can imagine that at lower FPS, this will start to cause trouble. For example, when I start a race, the frame rate will be ~10 FPS most of the time, and twice per minute it will increase to ~25 FPS. This is extremely annoying in racing games. Back when I finished FFX, it didn't impact the game-play that much, but playing GT4 is a different story.

Now, before I hear accusations like "Onboard" etc... I will give my specs and my testing environments.
----------------
CPU: AMD Phenom 9950BE [Quad-core] @ 3100 MHz (I've tried 1600 MHz, NO difference; Cool&Quiet DISABLED)
Mem: 2 x 2 GB OCZ DDR2 @ 1066 MHz
GPU: GF 8800GTS 640 MB @ 1026 MHz; Core @ 621 MHz (In Linux, stock clocks speeds apply, NO difference)
HD: WD Raptor 70 GB @ 10000 RPM
MoBo: ASUS M3A78-EH
----------------
Note that with this rig, I can play Crysis at a stable 60 FPS with 1280x1024, 4x AA and medium details.

Testing environments (result is ALWAYS the same):

[Setup 1]:
* Windows XP Pro x86 +SP3; Windows, drivers & DX up-to-date. Nothing running in the background, not even AV.
* PCSX2 version 0.9.4; v0.9.6; r1888 beta. Tried any given configuration of speed hacks and advanced options, even graphical options, and more than one graphics plugin. Also tried disabling MTGS. I EVEN changed the affinity of the PCSX2 process in Task Manager to use only 2 cores. No effect whatsoever.

[Setup 2]:
* Ubuntu 9.04 x86_64; OGL, NV driver and everything up-to-date (Ubuntu team's date, that is). Nothing running in the background besides some standard daemons.
* PCSX2 version 0.9.6; r1736 beta. About the configuration, same as under Windows, tried virtually everything to no avail.

[Setup 3]:
* Windows XP Pro x86, same as under [Setup 1], except I'm running AV and it's running inside a VMware virtual machine, which I launched from both Windows and Ubuntu.
* PCSX2 version 0.9.6. Tried a few different setups.

While Setup 3 gives me the greatest effect, it's only a negative one, which about halves the frame-rate. Laugh
I don't know if this can be considered a [decent] bug report, but I did my best.

Hope someone can help...

Regards,

Busta
Nobody? Or is this standard behaviour and is GT4 just too heavy?
Grr, I don't want NTSC version of GT4, has less cars. But if that's what it takes to make the GSDX plugin work decently, I'll have to go get it.

Anyone got any idea about the status of bug fixing in GSDX?
Never mind, the problem has to do with a TLB bug in the B2 revision of the Phenom... incredible that I only just found that out.....
Anyway, mine is a B3 revision, so I'll have to find a way to disable the TLB "patch" (which really BREAKS performance), it isn't needed in B3 anyway... cross ur fingers 4 me.
How do you know that's what causes it?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
if dat's the problem then watz wrong wif mine??
before this i can play just fine without the slowdown problems..
but now the problem occurs..
can't really say watz wrong..

Because I was too stupid to do a WinRAR benchmark whilst checking CPU-Z before posting. Now that I've done that, it tells me that the mutiplier drops to 6.5x (1300MHz) when the system is under load... including PCSX2 load.

RenShijo, check if your CPU runs at a stable speed... that's all I can advise you.