Momentarily Slowdown Issues
That's called speed step for Intel and cool and quiet for AMD, both can be disabled through your motherboard's BIOS.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Negative, at least not for me. If you read my post again you will see that I have Cool&Quiet disabled. I have now noticed that when the system is at high loads (like with winRAR bench), the multiplier will drop to 6.5x (1300 MHz). Sorry for posting here on the forum, though, before checking that out. For me, it's some sort of problem with either CPU or MoBo. I will try to fix it, no worries Wink
Well it's some form of protection like those I mentioned. You should measure the temperature of your CPU when it's under load and find out at which temp the multiplier goes down Wink
I know in my Windows 7 it doesnt run in the "full load" speed unless I change my profile setting to "high performance" and it's other of the power saving settings in BIOS that makes it lower speed also.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I was wrong in the first place, in my case it's not the TLB bug, but it's caused by an incompatibility between the CPU and board, which was nowhere in the manuals or anywhere else. Anyway, after UNDERCLOCKING my CPU to 2200 MHz, it's finally stable. But obviously I'm not happy. ASUS got their ass whooped in some HW review sites.
Unfortunately I missed those pages while reviewing my MoBo pick back when I was building my setup. Oh well, it may only cost me ~70 euros to get a much better GIGABYTE board, add another ~80 euros and I doubled my RAM... seems like a nice upgrade. And with my cooling and more (new) voltage settings, I can then finally get my Phenom 9950BE at 3200 MHz and up.

Sorry for bothering y'all with this ^^. Just felt like it.

Edit: C'mon guys, like I said before, my performance drops arise when I heavily LOAD the system, as OPPOSED to the system being IDLE, which would cause Cool&Quiet to react. And as I wrote above: my problem's solved, although partially and at a cost. My board only allows a max of 95W TDP CPU. the 9950 BE is 125W or even 140W.

PS: I could always get an opteron @ only 95W TDP Laugh
well my multiplier do not drop if i used the high performance setting using my lenovo software which i used when running pcsx2..well i messing with the speedhack and power management software stuff and now i get like only 4 sec slowdown unlike before which is like 20-40sec slowdown..

but i try to find the speed step thingy in my bios but i can't find it anywhere in the bios..
the only things that i can change in the bios is my date and time stuff and the quiet boot, lcd things and the password for bios and hdd..maybe my laptop mobo don't support it i guess
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
psf[i]-[busta] pretty strange. I take it you checked the ASUS site for your mobo for any BIOS updates that might solve it?
RenShijo-Kun: Yeah sometimes these options are not available to laptops on purpose to prevent you from frying them Tongue
well have to endure it..still trying to eliminate the slowdown..can't believe disgaea 2 also experiencing this slowdown..haha
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
(10-07-2009, 07:56 AM)Bositman Wrote: psf[i]-[busta] pretty strange. I take it you checked the ASUS site for your mobo for any BIOS updates that might solve it?
Got the latest BIOS, yeah, but my processor has a TDP of 125W, while the board only allows for 95W maximum. So if I heavily load the CPU, the power consumption of the CPU will rise from maybe 60W to 125W!
That's 30W too much for the board, so it gives the CPU less power by slowing it down.

BAH. Next time read DECENT MoBo reviews.
Wink 
hi there
i was wondering what are the ideal settings for my comp
i ripped avp extinction and mvc2 in hope of playing them on my comp
they both run at around 30-40 fps
here are my pc specs
[Image: anim092.png]
or am i out of luck on running these games at a decent speed
thanks for your time Happy