Monster Hunter 2 Cannot Get Past Menu To Start New Game
I am new here, and unsure where to put this, I decided to place it here. My issue is I purchased a Monster Hunter 2 import from Japan, and it plays the movies, the intro, and shows the menus. Problem? Everytime I click New Game or Continue, it loops the intro and takes me back to the menu. I'm an experienced hacker and modder of many systems and games, but this annoys and confuses me. Your compatibility list says it's playable. There are youtube videos of others playing it with PCSX2. What is happening, and what can I do?

Sponsored links

not a valid bug report.
moved to general discussion
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I specifically chose this Emulator as many people seemed to be able to have it work for them with this game, and it was highly recommended. What I am confused about is this is a genuine game, bought directly from a manufacturer who puts listings on Ebay with excellent credentials. I could understand this problem if it were a torrent, but this is in my drive as I type this, except that looping intro glitch keeps happening.

Clearly, either someone has the answer to my problem on here, or you need to change the compatibility list entry for Monster Hunter 2 (Dos) to Menu only. If I could figure this out on my own, I would. But I'm here. Hope someone has the answer.
you could start by posting the emulog.txt, then.
oh, and think about dumping an ISO from your PS2 DVD to run the game.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The problem is resolved. I did some tinkering and figured out the Joystick was sending faulty messages. Thank you anyways, though.