Monster Hunter NTSC Speeds
Hi everyone, I'm running version r1888, and the game runs at around 45-50 fps while in town, and 60 fps while on quests, sometimes dropping down to around 50 or so when many enemies are on screen at once(i.e. The Velocidrome quest, while in the woods). I'm just wondering if this is normal behavior for MH in this emu, limited by my single core, or if there are any specific hacks I should have on, and whether or not a single core with Hyper-threading would benefit, or suffer from using MTGS?

My Specs(And yes I'm aware I have a Single Core, so let's try to keep the berating to a minimum).

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.20GHZ (2 CPUs)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 220 1GB VM
RAM: 1.5GB DDR2

Sponsored links

(12-17-2010, 08:25 AM)CryHavoc Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm running version r1888, and the game runs at around 45-50 fps while in town, and 60 fps while on quests, sometimes dropping down to around 50 or so when many enemies are on screen at once(i.e. The Velocidrome quest, while in the woods). I'm just wondering if this is normal behavior for MH in this emu, limited by my single core, or if there are any specific hacks I should have on, and whether or not a single core with Hyper-threading would benefit, or suffer from using MTGS?

My Specs(And yes I'm aware I have a Single Core, so let's try to keep the berating to a minimum).

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.20GHZ (2 CPUs)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 220 1GB VM
RAM: 1.5GB DDR2
ya for me its normal... because i play monster hunter 2 dos and we have the same thing

You mean you have the same PC specs as me? Also, I heard that MH2 runs basically the same as MH1, or some have said even a little better(Slightly better FPS in town). Any truth to that?
hyperthreading is a bit of a con, you won't benifit from MTGS (which is always on now anyway).

you could try the latest beta, see if it's any quicker, but your 2 realistic options are, upgrade your cpu to a dual core (real one), or overclock the one you have.

Recommended speedhacks in the latest beta might be benificial, possibly a small amount of vu cycle stealing. Cant personally say itll help.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks for the info, refraction, I will indeed check out the new beta. I mean the game is certainly playable the way it is now, as I don't mind a bit of slowdown(When it doesn't hamper me too badly), and frankly, I was surprised to get the speeds that I'm getting with a single core. What about MH2? Is it true that it runs about the same as MH1? If so I'm going to borrow my buddy's disc, and make an ISO out of it. As an aside, I'm also playing Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and the game runs perfectly, except on the world map, where I get around 40-50 FPS. Strangely, I've noticed that trying out different speedhacks(Not cycle stealing because I don't like false FPS readings)gets me to around 55 FPS. The strange thing is that my run speed on the world map seems to be about the SAME no matter if I'm getting 40 FPS, or 55 FPS. What does that mean exactly?
The difference might be too little to tell exactly.
As long as you're only running the recommended speedhacks, you'll be good.
So I'm assuming that Klein's run speed on the world map is fairly slow even playing on original hardware? If so, I can rest easier knowing I'm not really losing much in the way of speed. haha

Also, I don't know if it belongs in this section, if not, I apologize, but I seem to be getting random crashes with these emus. I get the 'PCSX2-R1888.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close' sometimes a game runs for an hour or so...sometimes crashes every 10 minutes or so, and highly random crashes in between. I've tried adding the installation folder/the exe to the Avira exceptions list, but I still get them.
Still using that old version?
Try the new PCSX2 beta:
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
I use that one as well, I seem to get around the same,(or lower, depending on the game)speeds as r1888, but if the new beta stops that crazy crashing, then I may just migrate entirely.
It certainly uses less evil hacks than 1888 Tongue2