Monster Hunter drop FPS
(09-23-2011, 09:03 PM)Graeystone Wrote: Intel 4 Quad 2.8
Nvidia 9800GT
6 GB RAM.

Having the same problem with Alieter Iris 3(NTSC). Matter of fact just turned on the PC and started the game so there's no overheat probelm. FPS for the intro movie jumped to over 100 FPS then when I loaded the game and started moving the character around in the game's town, the FPS dropped to 45 or lower.(NTSC is 60 FPS)
Only thing I did was activate the 'Disable Framerate' to just tinker around then turned it off. Tried going through the various GSdx builds(4915 versions) and options but its the same thing.
Using the r4918 build to and that's when my own problems began. Never had a problem with earlier builds.

For some reason I'm getting this line in the log-
Path: C:\pcsx2-4918-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\pcsx2-4918-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl.dll

I'm not even using ZZOgl plugin.
Edit-
*Smacks Forehead!*
Under Emulation Setting/GS Window, I had 'Aspect Ratio' set to '4:3' instead of 'Fit To Window/Screen'. That cleared up my FPS problems. syaarif, you may want to check out that setting.

cool, that solve the savestates FPS drop problem, but not the 5 min fps drop problem. Thx

Sponsored links

It could be the laptop is throttling speed due to overheat, check with an app like CoreTemp for the max temps when you get the problem.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-24-2011, 03:04 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It could be the laptop is throttling speed due to overheat, check with an app like CoreTemp for the max temps when you get the problem.

solved. Thanks to your advice i saw an incredible rise in temp on core 2.
after tearing down my laptop, i figure out the problem was my asynchronous RAM. Somehow this asynchronous RAM make the core 2 gone crazy, after i took out 1 G of the RAM, the game was playable at native setting. Even though the speed will drop after 20 minutes, after pressing resume i can play for another 15 minutes. As i know my specs was low (beyond low) its not a problem for me hitting resume every 15 minutes. Tq
maybe adding a refresh button on the next beta emu is not a bad idea. ;p
(09-24-2011, 03:41 PM)syaarif Wrote: solved. Thanks to your advice i saw an incredible rise in temp on core 2.
after tearing down my laptop, i figure out the problem was my asynchronous RAM. Somehow this asynchronous RAM make the core 2 gone crazy, after i took out 1 G of the RAM, the game was playable at native setting. Even though the speed will drop after 20 minutes, after pressing resume i can play for another 15 minutes. As i know my specs was low (beyond low) its not a problem for me hitting resume every 15 minutes. Tq
maybe adding a refresh button on the next beta emu is not a bad idea. ;p

One more thing, i unplug the battery and blow the processor fan with canned pressurize air, now i even can play in turbo mode without lagging, no more fps drop, and bought a new synchronize RAM.

Nice. And weird problem...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64