Monster Rancher 4 Disc Swap Oddity
I am personally going to test PS1 CDs. I will post results in a few days.

(mods/admins, please do not lock this)

Sponsored links

I found something..

Rama you might want to pay attention to this one (this is as of yesterday up-to-date SVN @8:28 for quick explination)
ive been playing this alot and ive got every monster type from ps1 cds.
which says one of 2 things:

either you have a ton of money and a massive PS1 collection or you downloaded a bunch of PS1 isos just for this game. and considering there are a few needed on other media I'm betting that you cheated as well.

and you lost all credibility you had when you stated they work. (at that point, you had some, now you don't)
i was just trying to help make it so ppl could find an easy answer to playing this game, and all you need is 1 type of the monster to combine/re combine to get all the types + you also get monster discs while doing the adventure missions. and yes all my PS1 games are image files on my hard drive. i used a guide site and the monsters i was suppost to get from certain game imgs i got. DVD9s dont work at all. If you dont like the combination in the monster you have, then combine it with a compatible one and take the result and combine with original, to get the Base/Base type of it etc.

even way back in the day on old ps1 with MR2 most games would give same types over and over. best to find a CD/DVD list, even still some monsters only come from a few titles but game will give them to you usually through the adventures.
dvd9,dvd5,umd,ps2(cd),audio(cd) do not work. Only psx cds do, and I will be experimenting with a hacky fix later. (too lazy to write it now)
Great news I found a way to swap disc!! you need to rom one is the Dvd rom and another is from Daemon room. Put your MR4 iso file in the daemon tools and put a DVD into the dvd rom. When you want to swap the disc go to plugin setting and choose the DVD rom and after loading then switch back to Daemon rom. Hope it works and helps you all.
on what revision?
hey for this disk swap does it also work for iso of a ps1 game or do u need the disk??? also can u disk swap with a ps2 iso or dvd??
and can you do the same thing u did here with MR4??
also where do u go in order to swap disks with a ps1 game when u put it in ur computer??
I only find monsters in my ps1 collection but a lot of them gave me the same monsters over again., it sucks that I have to covert cd's into Iso in able for me to get monsters. I cant get monsters from ps2 games, wether its cd or Iso. I wish we can have an update regardless of this. I have a dvd collection and I wish I can get monsters from them. Sad

The results you will get in ps2, will be different from emulators. Lets say a monster rancher 2 ps1 cd is supposed to give you Devi Mocchi but an Iso gave me an Alohasaurus (Plant Zuum)

a lot of rare monsters are for ps2...