Monster Rancher disc swapping: Possible yet?
Might be more a bug with the DVD Plugin then with the switching itself, cause it worked always flawlessly for me, now I don't have this game, so I can't try it myself.

Sponsored links

Disc swapping actually was always bugged, doesn't work with many games and reason it was never much of a problem couse multi disc games usually allow to save at the end of each disc and bonus features can usually be unlocked with cheats without even having other required games.
That is true Miseru Smile Even on the PC with Final Fantasy VII/VIII it asks to save before switch discs.
(02-11-2013, 11:33 AM)Kinishi32 Wrote: -snip-

Thanks for all the information, very helpful. So basically ripping my PSX library to my PC and using their ISOs will be the only way to create different monsters...

I also read something in one thread about putting in some sort of CD number line instead of the actual CD/DVD, and the last few numbers of code determined the breed and sub breed of the monster. Unfortunately I didn't understand the post very well and someone else said it was unnecessary for some reason.

Anyone know anything about that?
For anyone finding this thread while searching solution in the future - afaik there were none existing, so I created my own cheats for US version of the PS2 MR series(3, 4, 5/Evo), have fun having all monsters without ripping countless of psx games and fighting with buggy disc swap.;p
You'll find it here.
(02-13-2013, 12:05 AM)miseru99 Wrote: For anyone finding this thread while searching solution in the future - afaik there were none existing, so I created my own cheats for US version of the PS2 MR series(3, 4, 5/Evo), have fun having all monsters without ripping countless of psx games and fighting with buggy disc swap.;p
You'll find it here.

thank you miseru99 it worked. Biggrin
you should mention it earlier though hehe
Thanks! I'm still very by the book when it comes to games, and I REALLY hate cheating, but in this case I'll cheat on Monster Rancher 3 (since I played that one to death), and use ISOs on 4 and EVO (since I've hardly played them). Eventually I'll cheat to get more monsters though, because ripping ISOs for one monster each (and repeats...) is gonna get old very fast.