Most Portable Device it can run succesfully
I own a small win 8 tablet, and here you can see its results

https://youtu.be/-ReKBVlTh_I

I know hardware is not enough cant blame the thing, but of course everything is unplayable on this device. Whats the smallest device on a tablet size that can run pcsx2 so i can play my games on the go, without having to carry a gaming laptop

Sponsored links

A tablet with a core i5/i7 I would say not one with a low voltage version, but I don't think they make tablets with even full powered mobile CPUs.

At best you will still be compromising a lot and won't be able to play a lot of games due to not having the processing power needed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F1Z7DEE/ref...B01N1TXTWY this is 12" /only just under recomended processor power/ and reasonably priced at only $749

The i7 variant is a couple hundred more for not much extra performance but would perform better. Just probably not enough to justify the price difference.

But honestly at this point it is basically around the size of the razer blade stelth with the i5 7200u which is even better then the i7 variant and cheaper.
something like an HP spectre 360 Pro
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I alway dreamed of spectre but too damn expensive. Switch is a nice option but not locally available and i'm from Europe.

What about Surface Pro?

Also whats more important for emulation, cpu or GPU. I'd guess the former. I have a 14" latop with specs like the Switch. i5 6200 with hd520. Its not that bulky, maybe i should use this one instead if i cant find a convenient tablet solution
definitely CPU
with a minimum 1600 STR
Again if you are willing to spend pointless surface pro money (i5/ since all core m3's are completely useless for highend emulation)

I5 7300hq 1875 Dell 15 7000 base config also comes with gtx 1050 (good for most enhancements you would like) and cooling to keep it all from throttling. Oh yea and it is ~$800

6200u 1500

Surface pro

6300u 1,640 ~$1,000

6650u 1813 ~$1,350

M3-6y30 1183 ~$650 but wont really do much better then your tablet.

Basically the dell will handle most of the non demanding games and the rest is just going to be a series of ever more compromises to price and performance to get very little extra size.
(07-20-2017, 11:49 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Again if you are willing to spend pointless surface pro money (i5/ since all core m3's are completely useless for highend emulation)

I5 7300hq 1875 Dell 15 7000 base config also comes with gtx 1050 (good for most enhancements you would like) and cooling to keep it all from throttling.   Oh yea and it is ~$800

6200u 1500

Surface pro

6300u 1,640   ~$1,000

6650u 1813   ~$1,350  

M3-6y30 1183    ~$650 but wont really do much better then your tablet.

Basically the dell will handle most of the non demanding games and the rest is just going to be a series of ever more compromises to price and performance to get very little extra size.

What you are saying is reasonable but the problem is not the extra size and inches, is the fact that i'd prefer to not have a laptop at all otherwise i would be using the one i already have with i5 6200. I want a portable solution so i can have kind of a handheld setup for on the go gaming. But i understand what youre saying, that tablets are more expensive and not cost effective since with less you get much more from gaming laptops.

Quote: definitely CPU
with a minimum 1600 STR

BTW why do i keep hearing of Single Thread performance.Arent all cores utilised? For example i have an older gaming laptop (unusable) with an i7 2670QM. It has lower STR than my current i5 6200u due to being that old, but an overall better passmark since its 4 core processor instead of 2 that is the later. So why is STR considered to set the bar
(07-21-2017, 08:42 AM)therock003 Wrote: BTW why do i keep hearing of Single Thread performance.Arent all cores utilised?
Only 2 cores.
3 when using MTVU speedhack
Quote: For example i have an older gaming laptop (unusable) with an i7 2670QM. It has lower STR than my current i5 6200u due to being that old, but an overall better passmark since its 4 core processor instead of 2 that is the later. So why is STR considered to set the bar
because it's how pcsx2 works.
it requires a high STR instead of many cores (other emus barely work the same way).
Just like a lot of software in general, BTW. Else, Bulldozer architecture would have been a revolution for gamers instead of a bummer.
(07-21-2017, 08:47 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Only 2 cores.
3 when using MTVU speedhack
because it's how pcsx2 works.
it requires a high STR instead of many cores (other emus barely work the same way).
Just like a lot of software in general, BTW. Else, Bulldozer architecture would have been a revolution for gamers instead of a bummer.

I tried pcsx2 with same settings on my i5 and it lgged more than that old i7. Was it because i was launching from inside VmWare? Didnt bother to run from the HostOS

I am also considering upgrading my desktop setup and possible use a streaming method to get games on my laptops, tablets. Would you recommend this option and even know of a way to do it properly, cause its a new concept for me and only thought of it recently
Extra cores are not used by PCSX2 but having them means other things running in the background (programs/services/random OS junk) can run on cores/threads that are not in use by the emulator and hopefully won't slow down the emulator by tying up reasources

Game streaming can be done, but it still is not an ideal situation if you have to go outside a home network situation (ie computer at home you somewhere else). If it is upstairs to downstairs or really anywhere around the house most of the methods work reasonably well. Depending on the method this is a situation where extra cores on the device running the emultor can help (so the encoding in certain implimentations do not hog reasources the emulator needs).