Mount or iso selector?
I was wondering, is it better to use an iso directly with PCSX2 or to mount the iso with a virtual drive? Does it even make a difference? If mount is better, what's the best virtual drive to use?

Sponsored links

With mounted iso sometimes problems may appear...it's recommended to use the Iso loader or Linuzappz ISO.

And plus,it's much faster to switch to another game from Iso Selector than mounting another game
(10-22-2012, 10:41 AM)vsub Wrote: With mounted iso sometimes problems may appear...it's recommended to use the Iso loader or Linuzappz ISO.

And plus,it's much faster to switch to another game from Iso Selector than mounting another game

What's the fastest option of the 3?
Either there is not difference at all or it's so small that you can't notest.
All of the 3 options are reading from the hdd and that the fastest way of playing games
ISO loader from PCSX2 is your best bet. Eliminates outside errors caused by another program and it is rock-solid.
I have never met any problem mounting PS2 isos, but recently I have one with VMware Workstation. It failed to locate a file in the mounted iso, also it was there. The problem is gone when I use the VMware Workstation internal iso reader.

My conclusion: mounting is fine if you're using the iso directly, but it is troublesome when the iso is used by a third-party program.