Mouse cursor won't display
I've been attempting to emulate Time Crisis 2, using the mouse in place of a light gun.  However, although the game appears to read mouse input correctly, no cursor displays on screen, making it almost impossible to tell where I'm aiming.

I'm using version 1.7.5158 of PCSX2 and I have checked the interface options, where the option "hide cursor in fullscreen" is unchecked.  I have no idea why the cursor is still hidden. Selecting a Guncon2 as a controller emulates it using the mouse by default, but seems to make the cursor invisible, despite offering an option to select a "cursor path", implying that I should be able to select a custom cursor that displays.

Sponsored links

if you play the game on your ps2 with a lightgun, do you have any crosshair ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-28-2023, 03:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: if you play the game on your ps2 with a lightgun, do you have any crosshair ?

No.  However, If you're using an actual lightgun, you can aim down the sights.  With a mouse, you don't have that luxury.  It's almost impossible to determine how the mouse position corresponds to the point you're aiming at onscreen.
Sure.
but it's a normal behaviour.
I mean : it's properly emulated
(10-28-2023, 03:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Sure.
but it's a normal behaviour.
I mean : it's properly emulated

So does this mean I have to play with a regular controller?  Or is there a light gun that works with emulators?
I think the one you have with your PS2 should work with an adaptater
(10-28-2023, 04:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I think the one you have with your PS2 should work with an adaptater

Okay, thanks for the info.  I'm still a bit puzzled, though.  When GunCon 2 is selected as a controller, why do the settings feature "Cursor Path" "Cursor Scale" and "Cursor Color" if the emulator only uses a game's native crosshairs?
I think this is quite recent. You may have to get a cursor file
I'll check it out
I've recently updated my version of PCSX2 to the latest nightly build and there is still no solution to this problem. The options for the Guncon 2 controller still display settings for a cursor, but the mouse cursor is completely disabled while the chosen controller type is set to GunCon 2, making these options redundant. The mouse is unusable as a lightgun replacement without some kind of cursor, and every real lightgun I have tried to use has either broken or proven defective in some important way.
i had the same problem as you, last year, do you finally have any way to fix this?
Even though I know the chances are low, I still want to ask