Mouse/keyboard
I am not sure but I think I have read once that you can change the language setting. But this actually confuses me since I don't know where the settings are saved.

But it is a simple fast test. So if you want to try it, select 'no disk' under 'cdvd' and make a full boot. This should open the bios configuration panel. There you have to find something like 'Einstellungen' (='settings') and then one of the selectable menu items would be 'Sprache' (='language'). Try to set this to English, save if possible and restart the emu. Maybe it saves it... maybe not.

Sponsored links

With the assistance of Google Translate, i struggled through the first bit. Now, I figured it out to an extent, and I figured out the disc icon was the game(Felt like an idiot here) when I select it, the orby thing floats away, the screen fades to black, then comes back to where I was

(02-01-2014, 01:02 AM)willkuer Wrote: I am not sure but I think I have read once that you can change the language setting. But this actually confuses me since I don't know where the settings are saved.

But it is a simple fast test. So if you want to try it, select 'no disk' under 'cdvd' and make a full boot. This should open the bios configuration panel. There you have to find something like 'Einstellungen' (='settings') and then one of the selectable menu items would be 'Sprache' (='language'). Try to set this to English, save if possible and restart the emu. Maybe it saves it... maybe not.

Worked, thanks
(02-01-2014, 01:02 AM)willkuer Wrote: I am not sure but I think I have read once that you can change the language setting. But this actually confuses me since I don't know where the settings are saved.

if i remember correctly pcsx2 saves it in the actual bios rom, how do i know this ? well i use quicksfv and the crc of the bios changes when i change the language to english, when i use the bios from the console my aunt gave me from germany

(02-01-2014, 01:04 AM)Facepunch Wrote: With the assistance of Google Translate, i struggled through the first bit. Now, I figured it out to an extent, and I figured out the disc icon was the game(Felt like an idiot here) when I select it, the orby thing floats away, the screen fades to black, then comes back to where I was

Worked, thanks

that's probably because your trying to get a usa game to work on a english or german bios , you'll have to change to the bios from your us machine Smile go to config on the main screen , then down to Plugin/BIOS Selector then at the top of the new screen click BIOS and change to the usa one and click Apply then back to the main screen and click system and Boot CDVd (full)
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
(02-01-2014, 01:58 AM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: that's probably because your trying to get a usa game to work on a english or german bios , you'll have to change to the bios from your us machine Smile go to config on the main screen , then down to Plugin/BIOS Selector then at the top of the new screen click BIOS and change to the usa one and click Apply then back to the main screen and click system and Boot CDVd (full)

Just no.
(02-01-2014, 01:58 AM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: if i remember correctly pcsx2 saves it in the actual bios rom, how do i know this ? well i use quicksfv and the crc of the bios changes when i change the language to english, when i use the bios from the console my aunt gave me from germany

that's probably because your trying to get a usa game to work on a english or german bios , you'll have to change to the bios from your us machine Smile go to config on the main screen , then down to Plugin/BIOS Selector then at the top of the new screen click BIOS and change to the usa one and click Apply then back to the main screen and click system and Boot CDVd (full)

If you read my post on the first page, you would know that my american bios is broken
(02-01-2014, 02:31 AM)Facepunch Wrote: If you read my post on the first page, you would know that my american bios is broken

It doesn't matter what bios you are using on emulator all regions are compatible with all bios.

That other guy is just a really big noob.

Try fast(quick) boot instead of full boot to solve your problem.
(02-01-2014, 02:36 AM)c4537343 Wrote: It doesn't matter what bios you are using on emulator all regions are compatible with all bios.

That other guy is just a really big noob.

Try fast(quick) boot instead of full boot to solve your problem.

Im not entirely sure I understand, you mean on my american bios? I already did that, the bios is broken.
Like i said this emulator work fine in all bios types.
(02-01-2014, 02:44 AM)Facepunch Wrote: Im not entirely sure I understand, you mean on my american bios? I already did that, the bios is broken.

Can you redump it?

If the bios chip itself in the PS2 is bad it's highly likely the ps2 wouldn't even come on.

Anyway as has been said, PCSX2 is region free when you use "Fast Boot" under the system menu. All regions game work with all BIOS.

This is not the case if you "Full boot" as it behaves like a real PS2 and locks regions.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-01-2014, 02:46 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Can you redump it?

If the bios chip itself in the PS2 is bad it's highly likely the ps2 wouldn't even come on.

Anyway as has been said, PCSX2 is region free when you use "Fast Boot" under the system menu. All regions game work with all BIOS.

This is not the case if you "Full boot" as it behaves like a real PS2 and locks regions.

Doesnt work with quick boot, or full boot. It's doing the same thing it did on my PS2, it makes it past the logo, then freezes.