Moving memory cards across computers.
(01-25-2015, 03:15 PM)willkuer Wrote: What do you observe if you open the memcard with mymc?
When i open it it tells me that they aren't memcard image files. Ive also tried moving them on multiple different devices and it doesn't change anything so I don't think its that. Is it possibly a bios thing when you first load up the bios and use a different year? Could that have anything to do with it?

Sponsored links

I've done a bit of tinkering and i still haven't found a solution. I have hours upon hours of saves I really don't want to lose so if someone could help me that would be great.
No, this makes no sense.

Please zip up the cards and post them here.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-02-2015, 10:51 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: No, this makes no sense.

Please zip up the cards and post them here.

Here it is. This is straight from my labtop onto my desktop. No alerations of any kind were made yet it comes onto this computer unformatted.

Attached Files
.7z   Mcd001.7z (Size: 2,7 KB / Downloads: 96)
I got an error in mmc saying it wasnt a valid memory card. Sooo....

[Image: Untitled.png]
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(02-05-2015, 06:20 AM)jlwmanagement Wrote: I got an error in mmc saying it wasnt a valid memory card. Sooo....

[Image: Untitled.png]

I get that too. I even posted it earlier. I really have no idea why its doing what it does. The cards still function just fine on my laptop and i've even moved things before so i really have no idea why any of this is happening.
(02-05-2015, 06:13 AM)Ninjek Wrote: Here it is. This is straight from my labtop onto my desktop. No alerations of any kind were made yet it comes onto this computer unformatted.

This 7z files has a weird structure:

Code:
- Mcd001.ps2 (file)
- Mcd001 (dir)
  - Mcd001.ps2 (file)

And both files are identical and empty (or rather, all their bytes are 255) - they're NOT formatted. You can also easily deduce that they're empty because compressing two 8MB files end up as less than 3K - which means there's no data there.

There's also absolutely no issue with moving/compressing files which are already NTFS-compressed.

Do the following:

1. Run PCSX2 on the computer where your memory cards work - verify that they work by starting a game and loading a memory save from inside the game (NOT F3 - which loads a saved-state rather than from memory card).

2. Please tell us which game you're testing and how are you loading from the memory card.

3. Click the menu: Config -> Memory cards.

4. Make a screenshot and post it here.

5. On the memory cards window, click "Open in explorer" AND DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE!

6. Press on the keyboard: Control-a

7. Right click on the selected files, select 7z -> add to archive, press enter, and post the resulting 7z file here
So after going back and testing it somewhere at some point in time something happened to the memcard and something happened to it. While i was able to load it from my laptop. After going back to my laptop and attempting to move the card around the card with the saves was no where to be found. So it wasnt that the files were lost upon transfer but something happened to them where they didnt exist at all. I have no idea how this happened but i do thank all those who did attempt to assist me in my endeavor to move my saves. RIP in pepperonis JRPG saves.
You did provide an attachment of your memcard save file, you can download this and use it.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-08-2015, 03:51 AM)ssakash Wrote: You did provide an attachment of your memcard save file, you can download this and use it.

You realize the copy he attached was the broken one?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD