Mr Random is making a new Frontend
holy cow the game relationships is so complex I'm getting dizzy.

the emulator settings seems straightforward. But the settings for plugins is another story because the available fields might differ. lookin at a few gsdx versions it seems most the fields remain unchanged. But for other plugins i don't know.

how about some uml

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I was working on a front-end too, got stuck and can't seem to find motivation to continue it.
[Image: iq2O9Ya.jpg]
@FaithLV You can elaborate that, I'd love to know more.

I had a look at https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1033 it seems another C# guy had tried to make improvements too xD
the classes
/gui/AppGameDatabase.h
/GameDatabase.h
just seems to contain rough definitions. I can't seem to find the actual settings fields, i'm afraid "KeyPairArray kList" is the answer for all the settings, just 1 big container. Why do like this? Does C++ produce too much overhead with OOP?
@CyberFox, What happened to Bonus? Nothing done in months, have you given up on repairing it?
As for the legal Issues with Art, Why not Start a User submission here on pcsx2 and a online free image service, Users can submit using a set naming format, so it can automaticly be found in the Gui. When All 2000 games have a image submission, then It can be 7Zip and hosted on Mega.
So folks here just Download the Images 7zip folder seperatly to Pcsx2, that would solve the copyright issues i believe. Could still get game info from Anywhere as it would only be text leached and most likely not even noticed
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
@omnikam PCSX2Bonus is a great project. I stopped it because i saw the project would take a few months to finish and i had a feeling nobody really cared myself included, and the existing binary already did what it was supposed to do. It had it's bugs but they were workable. Someone recommended that instead of doing 3rd party launchers one should intergrate it in wxWidgets and put it directly into pcsx2. I've been giving it some thought and I've decided that's more meaningful.

BTW. I scraped 4'879 games off the wiki, so I'm unsure where you got the 2000 from Tongue
I gotta ask why hasn't the wiki been raped legally since it's hosting images?

naming formats'smizzle. What you'd normally create is a search input where you'd type the name of the game and the DB finds the associated game id.
And lastly, who's going to host it? I'd love to get my fingers on a host because i believe building this DB will require a lot of collaborating. And the more centralized that can become the faster this DB will be finished.
Still working on populating a database.

I found that the highlighted game: Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka: Parallel is the first game which contains a disk ID that's different from the normal "GN-0802"
You can follow the project https://github.com/CyberFoxHax/PCSX2-DatabaseBuilder

this one https://github.com/CyberFoxHax/PCSX2-Dat...ettings.cs
we need think of a way to populate this table. Sadly the wiki is pretty much useless since the actual settings are located in the comments. Which i can't parse unless i can make my program understand English by some sort of black magic.

also i found these entries with invalid data:
CRCs =  "12/09/04" - http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Simple_2...jong_Usagi
CRCs = "2" - http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/D1_Profe...rix_Series

amazing that 5'000 rows only had 2 errors

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Awfully quiet in here. I don't know if i should apologize for triple posting? Anyways, a milestone is reached. I have at this finished scraping the last loose ends from the wiki. I've attached the DB if you wanna have a look at it. Current it's 1mb and it contains:
  •   4'879 - Basic Games Information
  •     914 - CRCs
  • 12'984 - Serial Numbers
  •   7'462 - Disc Defintions (@omnikam 1'987 windows playable discs Wink )

next step is making the emulator setups related to the games
It's sadly impossible to automate the scraping of the game settings from the wiki. I can however isolate the sections where the information is going to be and show that in a window for the user to see.
This is probably gonna be the relationships by priority because either can be null:

1. DiscSerialNumber
  2. GameDiscCrc
  3. Region
  4. GameName

Some guys are sitting on a setup database because of the already existing game database functionality in pcsx2. Anyone who has this, pls attach a copy for me.

Attached Files
.zip   GamesDatabase.zip (Size: 953,72 KB / Downloads: 92)
I'm reading your updates just don't have anything to add
CyberFox please come to #pcsx2dev on efnet. The team hangs out there and you'll get meaningful input.
So far I don't even know what you want to do with your .sqlite Tongue2
@Cyberfox, I just likedthe number hehe
I love your idea of Adding this data base you scraped into Pcsx2
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*