amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case

Sponsored links

So just to check, no one else in this thread is having issues running Street Fighter Alpha 3 in the Street Fighter Alpha collection at full speed in linux?
(02-26-2018, 02:54 PM)gregory Wrote: Honestly the speed impact of the GPU or the driver with SW rendering should be small. Unfortunately I never tested SW rendering with Mesa driver, so I can't tell you the real impact. Hum, the only impact that I could imagine in running the GPU in high performance mode that steal available watt from the CPU (which throttle).

(03-09-2018, 09:23 PM)xenphor Wrote: Well I've since gotten a 1050 ti and it doesn't run any better.
Unfortunately as I said impact of the GPU should be close of 0.

Nvidia GPU runs pretty well with GSdx, so you should be able to use the hardware renderer (minus some HW rendering bug).
(03-12-2018, 04:45 PM)gregory Wrote: Unfortunately as I said impact of the GPU should be close of 0.

Nvidia GPU runs pretty well with GSdx, so you should be able to use the hardware renderer (minus some HW rendering bug).

It doesn't run properly in HW mode, and even if it did, doesn't run at full speed either.

https://i.imgur.com/UcTprDD.png
Did you try enabling the MTVU speedhack? Also, what OpenGL settings are you using?
(03-12-2018, 08:06 PM)CK1 Wrote: Did you try enabling the MTVU speedhack? Also, what OpenGL settings are you using?

I tried enabling MTVU and it didn't help speed it up. OpenGL settings are at the defaults with native resolution and everything else.
(03-12-2018, 07:53 PM)xenphor Wrote: It doesn't run properly in HW mode, and even if it did, doesn't run at full speed either.

https://i.imgur.com/UcTprDD.png

Bad luck Sad
(03-14-2018, 05:06 PM)gregory Wrote: Bad luck Sad

So it runs fine for you?
Well I haven't play any game in PCSX2 for a long time. I never used windows. So I can't tell you, if performance is normal or not, neither if HW renderer should work or not. Sorry.