Multi-game disc issue (10 games on 1 DVD)
(02-16-2015, 04:15 PM)willkuer Wrote: What happens if you run one of the elfs of the subdirectory \images\?

Tried all of them, nothing. Black screen, nothing in console

Sponsored links

As I said I would try to split them... Maybe it would be good to look into the elf's to learn something about their relative path's.

And maybe you can check again if this disk ever worked on a real (chipped) ps2.
(02-16-2015, 04:59 PM)willkuer Wrote: As I said I would try to split them... Maybe it would be good to look into the elf's to learn something about their relative path's.

And maybe you can check again if this disk ever worked on a real (chipped) ps2.

How would I go about splitting them?
What kind of software could I use for elfs and splitting etc etc? Just hexedit or something? I wouldn't know where to start
here, I uploaded all of them, maybe you guys can look into it?
I'm not sure pcsx2 emulates a chip.
The best would be for you to extract the game you want from its original DVD and play on pcsx2 if it's compatible.
Trying to mod a DVD you already modded is tedious.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ok so obviously these files were somehow made with a tool of or directly by ps2dev.org... A site which is down nowadays.

Don't know if this is somehow bad stuff. It could be that the rights of the developers are violated by this software (similar as with pcsx2... grayish area). Maybe somebody knows this homebrew site?

Quote:Trying to mod a DVD you already modded is tedious.

This is actually true. In the end you will be able to play the game for 20 minutes until it crashes again after you invested two weeks to make it run.
Maybe you try to redo the iso's without applying some mods if you are not sure that you really need those.

If you really want to split the files I would probably start by putting the content of folder A in a new iso together with all elf-files. Then you try each elf if it works... Something like that. But it could be that relative path's are completely changed and in a way that pcsx2 can never read it.
Anyway, so here's a few things I found out

Disc was made using Multiloader (probably v 1.41) hence the MULTI.XML file in D folder, BUT to have a compatibility with OPL loader on chipped consoles in ISO form, MULTILOA elf was renamed to match one of the games on the disc, and patched to look like one (that's why it says so in title of PCSX2 emu, SLPS-20330 or whatever)

Still can't manage to figure out just why it couldn't find the MULTI.XML, when I looked in hexedit the path in main elf (in root) was "cdrom0:\D\MULTI.XML" so it should see it, right?
remake your disc with multiloader, then. And read it on your PS2.
As said above, I don't think those tricks are handled corrrectly with pcsx2.

Edit by Refraction: This thread is teething with piracy. Thread closed and warning issues. Please read the rules.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go