Multi-language game hangs on Language Selection
I got shadows of the colossus pal version but it seems to hang on the first screen (language selection). What can I do? I checked and my buttons are enabled is this a ROM issue? The emulator does not report any errors. Any toughts on this?
Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

i'd first try another pad plugin, just to be really sure that it's not my button config Laugh

well, if that doesn't help, you'll have to provide more info: specs, versions and configuration of your pcsx2/plugins.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(06-23-2009, 02:46 AM)zero29 Wrote: i'd first try another pad plugin, just to be really sure that it's not my button config Laugh

well, if that doesn't help, you'll have to provide more info: specs, versions and configuration of your pcsx2/plugins.
Thanks for the info, well I checked the buttons and tested them with the tools provided in the config menu Im using the last version of theemulator 0.9.6
input is a DX Generic USB joystick presing start returns 1 on the right button on joystick test. im using DirectX input, and Ive used this joy for a psI emulator so I know it works. What else can I provide as info?
Hangs on PAL Multi5/6 language selectors is somewhat common, and can *sometimes* be fixed by enabling or disabling the IOP's Sync Hack in the Hacks dialog box.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(06-23-2009, 03:44 AM)Air Wrote: Hangs on PAL Multi5/6 language selectors is somewhat common, and can *sometimes* be fixed by enabling or disabling the IOP's Sync Hack in the Hacks dialog box.

Ive tried it with no luck Im getting a english only version of the game.
I had a black screen hang with Ico. Switching both clamp modes in the "Advanced" options all the way to the right fixed the issue.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(06-23-2009, 08:05 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: I had a black screen hang with Ico. Switching both clamp modes in the "Advanced" options all the way to the right fixed the issue.

i have to start both ico and SotC via "run->execute" to get these games to run, otherwise they both only show a black screen.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(06-23-2009, 11:51 PM)zero29 Wrote:
(06-23-2009, 08:05 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: I had a black screen hang with Ico. Switching both clamp modes in the "Advanced" options all the way to the right fixed the issue.

i have to start both ico and SotC via "run->execute" to get these games to run, otherwise they both only show a black screen.

Yeah, that too. I would hang on some of the ingame vids, too. I haven't gotten terribly far into the game yet, I'm trying to beat Shadow of the Colossus first. I want to play these games in their chronological order so I can get the full idea of the story.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.